• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Horseshoe loves Spawn # 9

85 posts in this topic

Wow doh!

That $70 price tag didn't last long - and the giveaway copies are probably off the table as an option, too.

CHUCK...!!! You... you.......

:screwy::tonofbricks:anim_43.gif

but.... but..... that's the newstand version. You can still pick up a copy without the barcode for only $73. That barcode makes all the difference, and that's why he's charging $320 for it. (thumbs u

The print run on NM98 is impressive, but Spawn 9 is probably four times as many and I wouldn't be shocked if it were 10 times the number.

And it was hyped from day -60....two months before it came out as "HOLY mess YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS ISSUE, IT'S GAIMAN AND MCFARLANE AND AWESOME"....not NM98 that got it's heat subsequent to release.

The print run on NM98 is impressive, but Spawn 9 is probably four times as many and I wouldn't be shocked if it were 10 times the number.

And it was hyped from day -60....two months before it came out as "HOLY mess YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS ISSUE, IT'S GAIMAN AND MCFARLANE AND AWESOME"....not NM98 that got it's heat subsequent to release.

The only way there is a shortage of Spawn 9s is if people have been using them to light their barbecue grills for the past 20 years.

That book was hyped so hard it made baby Jesus cry. :cry:

And it was hyped from day -60....two months before it came out as "HOLY mess YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS ISSUE, IT'S GAIMAN AND MCFARLANE AND AWESOME"....not NM98 that got it's heat wayyyyyyyy subsequent to release.

:popcorn:

but.... but..... that's the newstand version. You can still pick up a copy without the barcode for only $73. That barcode makes all the difference, and that's why he's charging $320 for it. (thumbs u

:insane:

-slym

Wow . Absolutely crazy. Theres a million copies of this book. And for chuck to jump it from $3 to $70 to $320 I'm a matter of 3 days. I used to have copies and copies of issues from 1 to 10 and got rid of them years ago on eBay or I gave them away. I can understand someone asking $25 now for a copy good for them if you can get it but again $320???? . Never and I mean never will I buy from that place just out of principal.

I'll go ahead and say it. Anyone paying more than 50 cents for a copy of that is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

My new sig-line?

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'ma be digging through boxes today trying to cash in on this idiocy before sanity returns. lol

It reminds me of the Twinkies hysteria of a few months ago on EBay, and we all know how that ended. :)

Hostess-Twinkies-box1.jpg

I'll go ahead and say it. Anyone paying more than 50 cents for a copy of that is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

My new sig-line?

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'ma be digging through boxes today trying to cash in on this idiocy before sanity returns. lol

It reminds me of the Twinkies hysteria of a few months ago on EBay, and we all know how that ended. :)

Hostess-Twinkies-box1.jpg

Spawn 9 has a sweet cream filling?