• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first key GA book.

49 posts in this topic

My first was when I was 15 years old. I bought an All Star Comics #1 & an Amazing Fantasy #15 for $650 at my LCS (Continental Comics in Granada Hills...store is still there too!). That purchase ate my entire car savings! My parents thought I was nuts! :insane:
West, did you grow up in SoCal?

He did. CGC dragged him to the other coast.

that's right.

Yep! Born & raised in the San Fernando Valley. Moved to Florida in 2004. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years!

My first was when I was 15 years old. I bought an All Star Comics #1 & an Amazing Fantasy #15 for $650 at my LCS (Continental Comics in Granada Hills...store is still there too!). That purchase ate my entire car savings! My parents thought I was nuts! :insane:

I still go to that shop every now and then :grin: Wish they have books of that caliber still though :cry:

Say hi to Paul for me next time you go! :gossip:

I will (thumbs u Same owner since you were younger!?!

I still go to that shop every now and then :grin: Wish they have books of that caliber still though :cry:

ive been there before. Isn't it in Northridge now? He had a decent amount of SA marvels (FF12, etc) in stacks under a glass counter---this was maybe 8-10 years ago

Yes in Northridge. Dang, I missed his books by 8-10 years lol

Say hi to Paul for me next time you go! :gossip:

I will (thumbs u Same owner since you were younger!?!

Not sure. I was told the owner was actually the VP of Jack-in-the-Box. Never met or saw the guy. The management has changed hands a few times as have some of the long-term employees. Paul has been there since the early 90's, then he left to work for Marvel Comics, but then left MC and came back to the store. He might be the owner by now.

that's right.

Yep! Born & raised in the San Fernando Valley. Moved to Florida in 2004. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years!

very cool. I'm familiar with the valley off 101. :)

that's right.

Did you truly have to give up buying and selling comics completely while you were working for CGC? It seems like that would be tough to do if one of your grail books came up for sale.