• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

umm....any1 else....?

14 posts in this topic

Nope, I think it is an excellent series. Some books you want the action every issue, some you want the build up. This has excellent build up, and the last 2 issues were exceptionally entertaining (not counting the naked woman - pervs!)

thumbsup2.gif

I have to agree. Especially with this last issue. I like how there were four storylines converging into the inevitable one. Maybe Marvel will split them up and compile them into one TPB. devil.gif

"I particularly like how NOTHING has happened, yet it now has a spin-off title"

I must admit that I picked up the Dr. Spectrum book without even realizing that it was NOT the main Supreme Power title. The design and color scheme has been so similar lately I didn't do more than glance at it and assume that it was time for the new issue to be out.

After reading it I wished I had been more observant as I won't be picking up #2. I'm wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat for more info on the new Doctor Spectrum. It has similar design style and quality as SP and could have simply been another issue in that series.

Nope, I think it is an excellent series. Some books you want the action every issue, some you want the build up. This has excellent build up, and the last 2 issues were exceptionally entertaining (not counting the naked woman - pervs!)

thumbsup2.gif

Okay, it's been what, 12 issues? Has ANYTHING happened yet? You do realize that the ENTIRE ORIGINAL STORY of Squadron Supreme was told in twelve issues, don't you?

And that included lots of dramatic build-up and action.

thumbsup2.gif

Okay, it's been what, 12 issues? Has ANYTHING happened yet? You do realize that the ENTIRE ORIGINAL STORY of Squadron Supreme was told in twelve issues, don't you?

And that included lots of dramatic build-up and action.

Yes, and your point is? I'm sorry, but this story was told exceptionally well - weaving several plot threads into one solid, exceptional read.

Now I will entertain the idea that a monthly comic may not be the best medium for a story like this - it requires a solid read through of the issues in TPB, not the typical ADD style of a monthly - but it is one of the few books I actually do not mind that Marvel stretches out over several issues.

Well, in issue #12, there is a catalyzing event, so things should pick up from here. However, to date the pacing has been either tantalizingly deliberate or super-slo-mo, depending on your tastes. One issue focusing on each of the characters, a couple for Hyperion, with some interweaving and path-crossing and introductions along the way. I like the art, and I think there could be some cool stuff coming, but if I knew a year ago that it would be like this, I would've saved it for a trade so I can get a good chunk of story at once. I may do that from now on.

I don't know why the slow pacing is a surprise. anyone who knows Straczynski and his work on Top Cow's Rising Stars knows his idea of a maxi series is at least 24 issues... in 3 8-issue storyarcs... and he didn't even finish Rising Stars yet (issues 22?), before he released a spinoff arc related to the main title's events, Matthew Bright 1-3? Isn't this just another case of history repeating itself.... usually with Straz you know because he brings in his favorite protege, Fiona Avery in to the mix...

the thing is I don't exactly care for naked women in my comics. Does she walk down the street naked every issue?

27_laughing.gif Make up your mind, dude! Is it boring, odd, or the naked women that bother you about Supreme Power? Or could it be, that you are just trolling? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif