• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Joe Retalliation Reviews

85 posts in this topic

Can't stand Bruce Willis. The most overrated 'actor' out there. Just can't stomach a film with him in it. Except Pulp Fiction.

Did he run over your puppy or something?

Can't stand Bruce Willis. The most overrated 'actor' out there. Just can't stomach a film with him in it. Except Pulp Fiction.

Did he run over your puppy or something?

No, he is just a poor one-dimensional actor, that's all.

The first review I saw looked awesome. It was nothing but Bruce Willis and The Rock blowing mess up, wrecking cars, and jumping off rooftops. Then I saw the second trailer and my interest plummeted.

Just saw it - better than I expected.

The wife even thought it was good.

Still, could be better but I thought it was loads better than the first. Some of the actions scenes were really nicely done, others - blah...

But I'll see it again.

Bruce has been phoning it in for a long time...this somehow seemed even more shallow and one note. Like someone saw Red and wrote this based on that one...

I don't think that's a fair judgement. (shrug)

Saw it today at lunch. Much better than the first movie (which was awful). If you can turn your brain off and not think too much for 2 hours it is worth seeing.

I concur as previously stated. Much like the 'corny' cartoon series, I cannot understand why people who watched the cartoon series and read the comic book are complaining. I was actually expecting this film to be much worse than it was. The original movie had very little resemblence to the cartoon series. This film much more closely resembled that entertainment medium than anything else.

The problem is that they don't take it far enough into the cartoon/comic territory. If you are going to have a simplistic and silly cartoon plot then don't try and keep it real and leave out the music, catch phrases, characters and costumes everyone loves. Go all the way with it or you end up with this middle of the road stuff that just makes you mad because its closer, but still way off the mark.

I wouldn't expect them to take it into cartoon/comic territory. The movies like anything else with Joe as it comes out is usually its own entity. The comic was its own entity, the cartoon by both producers where their own entities in which even the first cartoon movie was its own entity. Then you have Sigma Six and renegades, and then all the comic books with their own stories. They are all their own entities. Only thing that really isn't is the toys which are based off all those entities.

Then you look at the movies now in which #1 was its own entity as well because in fact #2 is a relaunch of the movie line because #1 didn't do so well.

It was expected that it would not conform to the base material fully and have twists. From the first scenes of SE and SS as kids in the first movie you knew right then they where not going to conform to the original comic books which in my opinion if anything would be used and due to this because they where way off on the story line right from the beginning.

They will use bits and pieces but the damage was done already and the new director has what he has to work with who in fact is a huge Joe fan. If we had him from the beginning on the first movie things would have played out totally differently.

Regardless it is what it is but you can't go in expecting it to be exactly like the comics. It will never happen. If you go in with that mentality you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Got some friends together and just got back from seeing this movie.

I enjoyed myself and my friends that don't know much about Joe liked it as well.

Only issue I had was some of the fight scenes in the corridors which the camera seemed to move a lot but overall thought it was good movie.

Love the new look of Cobra Commander. While close to the original comic style it was very fitting.

Snake Eyes new head piece was excellent as well compared to the first movie.

Something I also noticed from going from the first movie to the second was how the storyline was being fixed. For example how Zartan is still the original assassin of the Hard Master which ties in with the original comic story.

The HISS tanks where bad as well.

Overall I enjoyed this movie.

Looking forward to the third movie.

:)

Got some friends together and just got back from seeing this movie.

I enjoyed myself and my friends that don't know much about Joe liked it as well.

Only issue I had was some of the fight scenes in the corridors which the camera seemed to move a lot but overall thought it was good movie.

Love the new look of Cobra Commander. While close to the original comic style it was very fitting.

Snake Eyes new head piece was excellent as well compared to the first movie.

Something I also noticed from going from the first movie to the second was how the storyline was being fixed. For example how Zartan is still the original assassin of the Hard Master which ties in with the original comic story.

The HISS tanks where bad as well.

Overall I enjoyed this movie.

Looking forward to the third movie.

:)

I was surprised but I enjoyed the movie was well. The fight scenes were pretty good, the story wasn't terrible and the character protrayals weren't bad either. The Cobra HISS tanks were awesome too. Overall, not a bad way to spend 2 hours of a weekend, and I'm still surprised I said that. lol