• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 9

12 posts in this topic

This one actually presents pretty well for as beat up as it is. You will notice the hole punch through the Comics Code stamp on the top right. I know its not a 6.0 but I have found a CGC scan that was a 6.0 with hole punch on the front cover. Also the bottom staple is totally popped and the top staple is loose with a small tear on each side.

Thanks for your grade!

cm_xmen_9_front.jpg

cm_xmen_9_back.jpg

It‘s the popped staple which pretty much kills it, I think more than the hole, as a popped staple brings down of 1 or 1.5 grades, so if it was a 4.0 or so, it’s no more than a 2.5 with the hole and the popped staple.

A very nice 2.5 anyway, if I was you I’d remove the popped staple, repair the paper with some period paper or archival tape and re-staple it. ;)

I would love to get a 3 out of this one. I picked it up from a friend and payed 50% guide of a 4.0. I didn't realize the bottom staple was popped but either way I didn't get burnt. Any other thoughts?