• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most you've paid for a comic (raw, modern)....

24 posts in this topic

$25 -- Harbinger #1, 1st, w/ coupon; in '91-92ish

$36 shipped -- Milk & Cheese #1, 1st in NM+; as a grad present to myself - 05/02

have also admired a Strangers in Paradise Vol 1 #2 (1st) at the local CBS, which has a $50 tag, but could probably get it for $30

My highest price for a comic ever was a Cerebus #1 for which I paid over $200, $223 inc. shipping, IIRC. I know I paid $25 for a really tight Star Wars #1. For true modern comics, I dunno. I've never bought any rare variants, and I've pretty much lucked out on picking up key issues on the shelves or otherwise early enough, or settled for TPBs if it was a series I actually wanted to read. For the hot modern books like Dead@17, 30 Days of Night #1, The Coffin, stuff like that, I waited out, gave up on, or else had no interest in whatsoever (Lady Death #1, GI Joe #whatever). I did buy "Hey, Wait" by Jason which had a cover price of $12 or something. Why, I don't know. It actually ended up being worth it. Brilliant book.

For the hot modern books like Dead@17, 30 Days of Night #1, The Coffin, stuff like that, I waited out, gave up on, or else had no interest in whatsoever (Lady Death #1, GI Joe #whatever).

Hey, is Coffin hot!? Am I right thinking this is the Oni series from awhile back (Hester), maybe 2000ish. I've got that series... very nice 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

About $60 for All Star #1 RRP

About $25 for Fables #4 RRP

About $25 for Superman Dedly Legacy #1

About $60 for Firestorm Test Cover Variant

About $25 for Global Frequecy #1 RRP

About $25 for Titans Go! #1 RRP

About $30 for Justice League Test Cover Variant

Regards Earl.

For the hot modern books like Dead@17, 30 Days of Night #1, The Coffin, stuff like that, I waited out, gave up on, or else had no interest in whatsoever (Lady Death #1, GI Joe #whatever).

Hey, is Coffin hot!? Am I right thinking this is the Oni series from awhile back (Hester), maybe 2000ish. I've got that series... very nice 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think The Coffin's particularly hot right now, I was just using that as an example. It was hot about 2 years ago when it was optioned for a movie, or rumored to be optioned, or whatever it was. The 4 issue set was selling for $40-60 at one point.

USM White from Darth. Can't remember the exact price, about $280 I think. Came back 9.4.

hi.gif $275 and that a CGG 9.4 now. Ever think of resubbing to CGc for the correct grade? tongue.gif

Absolutely, but I'm kinda scared of the CGG slab being sealed on each side. I'm afraid I might do more damage opening the book again than just taking my lumps with a 9.4.

We both know it's a CGC 9.6.