• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure Comics #283

67 posts in this topic

I looked at the GCD list and disregarding the foreign reprints Zod had about two dozen appearances from Adventure 283 till around the time of the Superman movie. I have most of those books and I don't recall anything other than cameo type appearances in those stories. Of coarse, I am missing some of the Supergirl bronze Adventures and I haven't read some of these in a long time, so I could be wrong. In the words of Billy Joel though, "I may be right."

This is the first time I use photobucket so let's see if it works or not. Here is mine.

Adventure_Comics_283_9p4_zps3fc2214a.jpg

I followed the sale of the Toth copy. You must be a very dedicated SA DC collector to have bid such a high price for this book. This is the Heritage scan which was during their "washed out" phase. It would be nice to see a better exposed scan of your book which would better show off its color tones if you can make one. Do you have other nice Adventure Comics?

Based on some sleuthing I did yesterday with Silver's help, I'm fairly certain that Super DC Giant #24 is Zod's first cover appearance.

:golfclap: Thank you. "How are the Phantom Zone Villains Freed?" reads part of the cover of Super DC Giant #24 and there is El Generalisimo jumping out of the "mirror glass" with a couple of his compatriots. Presumably this is the inspiration for the introductory portions of Superman The Movie and Superman II.

Based on some sleuthing I did yesterday with Silver's help, I'm fairly certain that Super DC Giant #24 is Zod's first cover appearance.

:golfclap: Thank you. "How are the Phantom Zone Villains Freed?" reads part of the cover of Super DC Giant #24 and there is El Generalisimo jumping out of the "mirror glass" with a couple of his compatriots. Presumably this is the inspiration for the introductory portions of Superman The Movie and Superman II.

This story is a reprint of Action 297.In this story Superman he zone is a parole officer who decides who is worthy to leave and who isn't.

steelcity: The Toth books was nice, but I missed out on too many of the Sunday auctions. It was expansive at the time, yes. But it is always expansive at the time you buy, but better when you look back. I don't have another scan but possibly something that might be done in the summer. Anyway, the Toth books looks really nice in hand.

For Adventure comics I have a few in ok grades but none of the bigger books. #267 I don't even have :(

For Adventure comics I have a few in ok grades but none of the bigger books. #267 I don't even have :(

I don't either. I'd be perfectly happy with an 8.0 with off-white or better pages, but every copy seems to have cream to off-white. doh!