• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on Collecting Romance Comic Books

313 posts in this topic

Here's a rather quirky, yet fun romance cover by Jack Kamen~

There's a lot of little things to look at on this cover.... like the cupid hood ornament and the heart headlights (on the car).

AggieMack1_zps6bdad66c.jpg

Here's a rather quirky, yet fun romance cover by Jack Kamen~

There's a lot of little things to look at on this cover.... like the cupid hood ornament and the heart headlights (on the car).

AggieMack1_zps6bdad66c.jpg

:applause: Another cool book I've never seen before.

Sweet book, Timely! Ya know it starts out with a liking for beautifully drawn teen humor...sadly the trail of tears that is the romance genre leads to sappy photo covers of couples smiling broadly about nothing or everything.

If you need a few of those, I have dups

I posted this in the SA Romance thread, but wanted to share the swipe of a GA book here too:

Realistic Romances #1 and 9, I. W. Publishing; Super Comics, 1958 Series

love_golden_romance024.jpg

Um, did they get LB Cole's permission for this one??? Nice job of putting a text block over his signature.

815207.jpg

Sweetheart Diary #8, Fawcett, December 1951

GAwar067.jpg

Right on cue...enter the smiling couple!

Hey, I have many books and have seen many books over the years with that stamp that's on the cover. Does anyone know anything about that?

Sweet book, Timely! Ya know it starts out with a liking for beautifully drawn teen humor...sadly the trail of tears that is the romance genre leads to sappy photo covers of couples smiling broadly about nothing or everything.

If you need a few of those, I have dups

Interesting question of where to draw the line between teen humor and romance. Lot of romance in Archie, for instance, which long predates Young Romance 1.