• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polarity

130 posts in this topic

Finally got my copy in the UK today, well worth the wait. I did not see the ending coming!

That is an awesome cover Larry, who is it by?

The end was definitely weird and interesting. lol. And apparently he might not be as crazy as he thinks... Or is it that he IS completely crazy. Is this some sort of Truman show where all his friends and family are fictitious characters attempting to keep him from what he really is? hm

Finally made it to this comic in my read stack........and it blew me away. To say this comic truly captures what it is like having a Bi-polar friend is an understatement. I am not familiar with Say Anything but I am sure I will be soon. What an amazing time to be reading comics..........there is a surprise every week.

Finally made it to this comic in my read stack........and it blew me away. To say this comic truly captures what it is like having a Bi-polar friend is an understatement. I am not familiar with Say Anything but I am sure I will be soon. What an amazing time to be reading comics..........there is a surprise every week.

Right?? My pleasant surprise of the month!!!

How can you NOT be familiar with Say Anything. That's one of the most iconic moments in 80's flicks. Cameron Crowe. The Peter Gabriel outside the window scene. Ione Skye. John Cusack. See next post.

How can you NOT be familiar with Say Anything. That's one of the most iconic moments in 80's flicks. Cameron Crowe. The Peter Gabriel outside the window scene. Ione Skye. John Cusack. See next post.

:gossip: it's say anthing the band... Not the movie.

Took me a bit to realize that also. I've never heard of 'em.

Bump it. I stand by my awesome recommendation (thumbs u

Seriously though, I'm holding back a Polarity #1 Pill Variant because 1) it looks cool and 2) I believe in the book. Word of mouth will get out and people will buy the TPB and love the story. Well at least the first issue... I mean issue #2 may suck. (shrug)

I loved it and purchased all the covers, well apart from Larry's. Just waiting for him to change his mind and send one to the UK. Unless anyone fancies picking one up for me and doing a deal.

I only purchased it as it was a Tradd Moore cover but glad I did. The last scene could have been straight out of Luther Strode as well

Bump it. I stand by my awesome recommendation (thumbs u

I finally read this comic today. It was better than I had hoped and I expected it to be good based on the comments in this thread.

I grew up with a bipolar dad. Mostly a super nice guy. They started him on lithium ( which helped him jump off the 3rd story roof at the hospital which led to broken heels ) in the 80s and he was was never the same. This comic made me think of the stuff he went though and how he literally fought the good fight.

I love this book. Clever, edgy, original, and made me think of my dad...lots of great things to say about it. I hope if its autobiograhical that the writer has luck beating back his demons. I wouldn't wish the down times on anyone.

Thanks for suggesting this book.