• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

Here is a strange double cover on feeBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280308936795&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

CGC 9.4 SS (Jim Lee) Double Cover Apparent (Cover Trimmed) X-Men 257

That is an odd one :eek:

2llf6ll.jpg

I was going through a box of duplicates when I ran across this double cover issue (Fantastic Four #312):

FantasticFour312DoubleCover.jpg

I had already noted it as a double cover but had stuck it back in the same box. It goes into the "double cover collection" now! :grin:

Shark

Who picked this up?

176ahl.jpg

So a box from the seller arrived today. I open it eagerly as an X-Men 94 Double Cover is an absolute grail of mine.

Inside the package is a small (1/3rd the size of a bread loaf) shiny white mailbox with some type of pink baby hat packed inside. The mailbox is addressed to someone else with a postage stamp dated the day before my package was shipped. There is no X-Men 94 Double Cover Comic Book. I inspected the box and it is stamped that it arrived unsealed at the post office in Fort Worth.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

The seller is a 100% feedback seller.

The item was paid for with a credit card on paypal on ebay. The package was insured.

Any advice on how to handle this situation would be appreciated. I am currently where livid, shocked, and depressed meet.

Is it possible that the book fell out of the box and some postal worker replaced it with a package addressed to someone else? And what happened to the book?

Who picked this up?

So a box from the seller arrived today. I open it eagerly as an X-Men 94 Double Cover is an absolute grail of mine.

Inside the package is a small (1/3rd the size of a bread loaf) shiny white mailbox with some type of pink baby hat packed inside. The mailbox is addressed to someone else with a postage stamp dated the day before my package was shipped. There is no X-Men 94 Double Cover Comic Book. I inspected the box and it is stamped that it arrived unsealed at the post office in Fort Worth.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

The seller is a 100% feedback seller.

The item was paid for with a credit card on paypal on ebay. The package was insured.

Any advice on how to handle this situation would be appreciated. I am currently where livid, shocked, and depressed meet.

Is it possible that the book fell out of the box and some postal worker replaced it with a package addressed to someone else? And what happened to the book?

Yikes! I am not sure as I've never had a eBay transaction go down like that. Keep us updated.

Here is Bingo, the Monkey Doodle Boy Vol. 1, #1. Double cover.

This same book was issued in 1951 and 1953, by St. Johns Publishing. This is the 1953 version. I do not know what the 51" version looks like.

Strangely enough. I had the book for ten years before I knew it was a double cover. (note to self: check the darn books before you buy them).

9423bingo-front-covers-001.jpgImage Hosting

Here is Hunted #2, from Fox Features. There were only two issues in this run and the first issue was numbered #13. The run used to be called My Love Memoirs. Issue #13 (#1) was used in SOTI for "treating police contemptuously". What makes this double cover nicer than usual is that it is from the Davis Crippen 'D' pedigree. Also, it is the highest graded I believe.

I never could quite make out what that girl in the window is doing. Is she shot? Or dressing?

5390hunted-2-front.jpgImage Hosting

Edited by conditionfreak

Got this email from gijoed:

After reading about the MIA X-Men 94 2X, I scanned some previous pages and noticed somebody inquiring about an X-Men 257 double cover, CGC 9.4 restored, offered on ebay. The same seller had an X-Men 199 double cover, and both are now sold.

It might be important to some people that this seller is Eric Birmingham, the guy who sold me "double cover" X-Men in March 2008 (they had married covers and big prices). You may remember that I emailed you about him and you, or someone, posted that email on the boards.

After my awful experiences with those transactions, I don't plan to bid on his items, no matter what ID he uses. He was selling back then as thanos*titans, and although kicked off ebay using that ID, he continues in business as subzerofz334.

Don't know if this is still listed in his Completed Items, but he recently offered an autographed comic with a Ceritificate of Authenticity. However the Ceritificate was something he had printed himself, with misspelled words, and signed himself! Now that is truly guaranteed authentic!

Joe