• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

For all you double cover lovers out there.. Just got this beauty back from Ebay today.. Tec 48 (1st mention of The Batmobile and Gotham City; 3 Highest graded copy certified; part of an OO collection). 1st cover = 7.5, interior cover = 8.0

Picture237.jpg

Really gorgeous book! :golfclap:

Off topic a bit... is there any value to a low grade double cover book? I happen to have an old SA DC Lois Lane double cover where the outer cover is no better than a 2.5-3.0 and the interior is probably a 5.5-6.0. I'm pretty unfamiliar with them, so I was just wondering. hm

Off topic a bit... is there any value to a low grade double cover book? I happen to have an old SA DC Lois Lane double cover where the outer cover is no better than a 2.5-3.0 and the interior is probably a 5.5-6.0. I'm pretty unfamiliar with them, so I was just wondering. hm

THanks Mac Man! How are the early Tecs going for you? Can't wait to see what you bought (thumbs u

THanks Mac Man! How are the early Tecs going for you? Can't wait to see what you bought (thumbs u

WOOOOOOW!!!!! :o

Sweet!

My copy won't hit 9.4, but it is still pretty nice :)

You also have a double cover of this?

I was surprised to learn that no copies of this book higher than a 9.4 had been submitted.

Yep, I bought it off zilla4 as a FN, but of course it is much higher (9.0 or so).

Sweet!

My copy won't hit 9.4, but it is still pretty nice :)

You also have a double cover of this?

I was surprised to learn that no copies of this book higher than a 9.4 had been submitted.

Yep, I bought it off zilla4 as a FN, but of course it is much higher (9.0 or so).

Ha! I got my copy from Zilla4 also. lol

Who picked this up?

176ahl.jpg

So a box from the seller arrived today. I open it eagerly as an X-Men 94 Double Cover is an absolute grail of mine.

Inside the package is a small (1/3rd the size of a bread loaf) shiny white mailbox with some type of pink baby hat packed inside. The mailbox is addressed to someone else with a postage stamp dated the day before my package was shipped. There is no X-Men 94 Double Cover Comic Book. I inspected the box and it is stamped that it arrived unsealed at the post office in Fort Worth.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

The seller is a 100% feedback seller.

The item was paid for with a credit card on paypal on ebay. The package was insured.

Any advice on how to handle this situation would be appreciated. I am currently where livid, shocked, and depressed meet.

Is it possible that the book fell out of the box and some postal worker replaced it with a package addressed to someone else? And what happened to the book?

It's been over 2 months. Any updates on this issue? Did you get a refund or was the book ever found?

Who picked this up?

So a box from the seller arrived today. I open it eagerly as an X-Men 94 Double Cover is an absolute grail of mine.

Inside the package is a small (1/3rd the size of a bread loaf) shiny white mailbox with some type of pink baby hat packed inside. The mailbox is addressed to someone else with a postage stamp dated the day before my package was shipped. There is no X-Men 94 Double Cover Comic Book. I inspected the box and it is stamped that it arrived unsealed at the post office in Fort Worth.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

The seller is a 100% feedback seller.

The item was paid for with a credit card on paypal on ebay. The package was insured.

Any advice on how to handle this situation would be appreciated. I am currently where livid, shocked, and depressed meet.

Is it possible that the book fell out of the box and some postal worker replaced it with a package addressed to someone else? And what happened to the book?

It's been over 2 months. Any updates on this issue? Did you get a refund or was the book ever found?

I've been wondering how this situation turned out also.

WOW, unknown package arrives, no key double cover, immidiate payment, ..curiousity is KILLING me.what happened? did you get your book? If so..what condition was is it in? What did the seller say about all this?

Man, that is seriously a kool one of a kind book..

It was a two month struggle with the post office.

First I received a form letter from the Post Office denying my claim because "they delivered the package."

The local post office where my claim was taken had checked the "Article did not arrive" box so the post office worker informed me that my claim was invalid because the package did arrive, even though I had provided a clear summary of the events complete with pictures of the box showing it stamped that the box had been opened in transit.

I called the supervisor and explained the story to her and she said that I needed to appeal because the wrong box was checked. The correct box should have been the "Container Only Arrived" box. I asked her why she didn't read the summary or all of the other information that I sent and she said that she didn't need to. I tried to explain to her that this didn't make sense because there wasn't a box for the "container arrived with somebody's elses package inside.

I won the appeal with the post office and received the reimbursement check.

It is a shame about that double cover x-men 94. I bet it is in a landfill or recycling center somewhere.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe whosever package you got, got yours, and the other guy not caring for some "old comic book" has it on a coffetable somewhere, and a in a year or two, when he gives it away, it'll appear in e-bay, without it being listed as a double cover, someone will buy it and get it slabbed in a con where Len Wein will be at and get it signed, only to come back as an SS comics that is a double cover!! The guy will get the suprise of his life, list it on an auction hoping for a gazillion dollars, only for me to buy it at the starting bid of 9.99 because the guy put no reserve price and nobody bothered to check online during those days....yeah, it will have a happy ending...

It was a two month struggle with the post office.

First I received a form letter from the Post Office denying my claim because "they delivered the package."

The local post office where my claim was taken had checked the "Article did not arrive" box so the post office worker informed me that my claim was invalid because the package did arrive, even though I had provided a clear summary of the events complete with pictures of the box showing it stamped that the box had been opened in transit.

I called the supervisor and explained the story to her and she said that I needed to appeal because the wrong box was checked. The correct box should have been the "Container Only Arrived" box. I asked her why she didn't read the summary or all of the other information that I sent and she said that she didn't need to. I tried to explain to her that this didn't make sense because there wasn't a box for the "container arrived with somebody's elses package inside.

I won the appeal with the post office and received the reimbursement check.

It is a shame about that double cover x-men 94. I bet it is in a landfill or recycling center somewhere.

Man, am I sorry to hear about this. On the bright side, you did not lose any money. Sad thing, you'll probably never know what really happened to that sweeeeet book.

It is kind of frustrating to not know what happened to the book, but comforting to know that Chespirito will end up with it for $9.99. :grin:

I definately wish I had the book and not the money. Oh well.

Fortunately, the package was insured. I rarely buy insurance because until this happened, the post office had never lost anything for me and the insurance seemed like a bad bargain, particularly for cheaper books.

I have to commend whatever post office employee in the Fort Worth post office stamped the box with this stamp. Without the stamp, I doubt the Post Office would have paid the claim.

P2104210.jpg

What I don't understand is what does the post office have to do with the wrong thing being in your box, wouldn't it have been a mistake by the seller?!? I would have been all over the guy..specially this book..I refuse to think this book is gone..it's too sweet of a book..I am in denial..

The explanation from the post office is that sometimes packages get stuck in their automatic equipment and in my case the smaller package was pushed into my box which pushed the contents of my package out. Since the contents were a thin comic book wrapped between two pieces of corrugated, I am sure the post office threw them away thinking that it was just some kind of packaging material.

The seller was a stand-up guy. Between us, we visited and called every post office on the route to try and find the book.