• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,981 posts in this topic

Here's a list of what's coming back from CGC. I'll see if I can't throw up some scans when they arrive:

Daredevil 179 Double Cover Modern 9.4 WHITE

Detective Comics 605 Double Cover Modern 9.2 WHITE

Amazing Spider-Man 161 Double Cover Universal 6.0 WHITE

Amazing Spider-Man 206 Double Cover Modern 8.5 WHITE

Amazing Spider-Man 252 Double Cover Modern 2.5 OFF-WHITE

Amazing Spider-Man 253 Double Cover Modern 8.5 WHITE

Amazing Spider-Man 270 Double Cover Modern 9.4 WHITE

Amazing Spider-Man 293 Double Cover Modern 9.6 WHITE

Thor 277 Triple Cover Modern 7.0 OFF-WHITE

Thor 350 Double Cover Modern 9.2 WHITE

Overall, this was an okay submission. Based on my previous experience in submitting double covers, I was expecting some higher grades. The Daredevil 179, Detective 605, ASM 270, and Thor 350 I expected to be 9.6's. I am much more disappointed by the grades for the ASM 206 and 253. I thought that they would come back at least in the 9.2s. :P

:applause::headbang: Cool I can't wait to see all those Spidey's. :popcorn: :popcorn:

:cool: kind of makes me what to get all my ASM DC's graded. (worship)

I finally got my books in today. I still have not had the time to scan them yet, but I placed descriptions with the books that have a double cover. So if you want to get an idea of what it looks like, you can click on my registry set and look for the ones with a description next to it. I've got 14 CGC'd Spidey Double covers and still a couple more raw ones, including the very very nice ASM 45 which I may get graded around the end of the year.

I finally got my books in today. I still have not had the time to scan them yet,

:popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

:cool: you have inspired me to start a Regestry Set of my ASM DC's today. (thumbs u

:( but boy it sure takes allot of time to add books to it. :pullhair:

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

I was up in the Bay area this weekend for a group art show I was part of. On Saturday my wife and I decided to go into Berkeley for the day and we visited the shop Comic Relief. I got 2 Strange Tales books for $10 each, a VG- #117 and a mid-grade #154. When I went to examine the books over lunch, my eyes nearly popped out of the sockets when I realized the ST #154 was a double cover! My first silver age double c and a nice Dr Strange one to boot!

st154dc.jpg

Edited by wdb23

I was up in the Bay area this weekend for a group art show I was part of. On Saturday my wife and I decided to go into Berkeley for the day and we visited the shop Comic Relief. I got 2 Strange Tales books for $10 each, a VG- #117 and a mid-grade #154. When I went to examine the books over lunch, my eyes nearly popped out of the sockets when I realized the ST #154 was a double cover! My first silver age double c and a nice Dr Strange one to boot!

st154dc.jpg

Love those SA Marvel Double Covers!

Here is the ASM 252. You can't see the water damage that clearly in the slab, but maybe that's a good thing :grin:. Regardless, the stain left by the water damage is pretty visible on the left hand side and a little bit on the right. One of those instances when a second cover doesn't really do squat for the inner cover.

asm252doublecoverle5.jpg

Another one that I am not really happy with. The inner cover to this one is really nice. I haven't called yet to see what the grader's notes are, but I'm sure there is a good reason. There is an odd fingernail sized crease right underneath the petal of the lowest rose that may have translated to the second cover (which wasn't there when I submitted this book). It isn't very visible because of the white cover, but it's there.

asm253doublecoverdd6.jpg

Here is the ASM 252. You can't see the water damage that clearly in the slab, but maybe that's a good thing :grin:. Regardless, the stain left by the water damage is pretty visible on the left hand side and a little bit on the right. One of those instances when a second cover doesn't really do squat for the inner cover.

asm252doublecoverle5.jpg

We can see both covers!! Cool!