• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

:grin: Yea that #252 is about the worst Double Cover ASM I have seen but I have a #160 that is not much better just minus the water damage. (thumbs u Still cool keep posting them. :applause:

Very Cool slabbing the ASM 252 :applause: Nice to have.

Here is the ASM 252. You can't see the water damage that clearly in the slab, but maybe that's a good thing :grin:. Regardless, the stain left by the water damage is pretty visible on the left hand side and a little bit on the right. One of those instances when a second cover doesn't really do squat for the inner cover.

asm252doublecoverle5.jpg

It ties with Marvel Team-Up for first black costume and not Secret Wars 8. Im confused.

Heh, I've got one of those too. There's at least 4 copies of these with double covers out there. Yours looks nicer than mine though. Mine is probably 7.5-8.0

Mine's only an 8.0 or 8.5, wish it were higher! Just discovered it tonight in a junk lot I was going to sell on eBay. Saw Byrne's signature on the cover, and checked inside to try to find a year of issue! Lo and behold, 2 covers! Glad I didn't dump it in with the rest of the books!

I've been chatting and setting up some trades with gijoed too.

Seems like a nice guy.

I trade with him (and sell also). We exchange correspondence once in a while when we have something that interests one another. I never met him personally though.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned on this thread or another, but he actually owned a lot of these double covers that are floating around these days. Supposedly he had to sell them quickly due to family and personal reasons. I never thought to ask.

Currently he has over 1000 different double covers and is getting pretty close to his goal of 100 triple covers.

Very nice, that's not a cover you see around often either. The cover art looks kinda freaky like the perspective is all out of whack.

I've since sold most of my X-Men double covers, trying to whittle down to just a few titles. Collecting every double cover that I find was getting to be an expensive task.

I've got two ASM double covers along the way that I just won on eBay. One of them is a little odd with the inner cover slightly retracted: ASM 51 :busy:

Shameless plug: I've also got a few books up now that are ending in less than a day. Shipping is free for board members, so this could be a good chance for you to snag a couple of cheap double covers.

Reading through my Wolverine run, I found this:

Very cool when you find one in your own collection and you didn't know you had it. :applause:

Thanks! I've got an USM 1-current, ASM 130-current, X-Men 94-current and DD 10-current still to read... :wishluck: :wishluck: