• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R.I.P Carmine Infantino

146 posts in this topic

My two favorite heroes were Green Lantern & The Flash.

I never got a chance to meet Gil Kane, but I was thankful for a chance to meet Mr Infantino, who despite his age and frailty seemed to really love seeing all of the "hubbub" around comics (his word)

DWC helped me get a books signed by Carmine a few years later, and it just arrived at my doorstep a few weeks ago.

lypUs93.jpg

One of the last greats that helped to build the comic book universe we all love so much today...

Forgive the double post, but if anybody warrants one, Mr, Infantino does...

I met Mr. Infantino at my first and only SDCC in 2006. Just like Jerry Robinson, I walked right up, no waiting, spoke for a few minutes, got a sig or two and a quick sketch. He was very cordial and, as usual, I was too starstruck to make the most of the opportunity.

As my wife and I walked away, she asked why I was so happy with such a basic sketch. I had to explain what he had done, including work in the Golden Age, his redesign of the Flash, and years of work on Batman. I neglected his time at Marvel in the late 70s and early 80s, and while his time there certainly wasn't his pinnacle, it's still solid work.

My wife learned a little appreciation for comics history and I got to meet a giant!

Thanks, Carmine, you made many a day brighter, from childhood to just the last few months!

say it aint so :sorry:

i was so happy buy a 7.0 ss of flash 200 here on the boards...and i always wanted to get a bats 181 or flash 123 signed by him...prolly wont happen now...he single handed got me back into comics and into flash in the early 2000s...thanks for the great books sir and return if possible.

I have had a copy of that Flash 200 in my longbox waiting for a chance to meet him and get signed for years. I sent it once to have it pressed and it never made it further than that. I am so mad at myself each time I see one of the greats has gotten away from me before I had a chance to meet him. Luckily with Carmine I did at least get a book signed one time when he happened to be at DragonCon. I feel luck that I have that :cloud9:

check the link on the third page beneath mine, I have no need to lie I gain nothing from it.

I don't think anyone thinks that - it's just such bad news we all want it to be untrue.

:sorry: