• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A call to come together- please help our Fazybones

5 posts in this topic

In case you didn't see this thread in Comics General, here it is again:

Hi everyone.

I come delivering some sad news. A couple of weeks ago, a fellow boardie, one of the few females here, Fazybones, had collapsed at work. I'm have just been notified by her husband, Craig, and he asked me to let her friends know about her current condition.

Apparently, her brain has been bleeding and is swollen. From the sounds of it, this is a brain aneurism. They operated on her once, and again a second time. What was supposed to take 3 hours took 10. He was told that she may not make it, but appears to have beaten the odds.

She's in the ICU now and it seems has no short term memory. :(

Craig cares about Fay very much, and is the most precious person he knows. I know from the years I have known Fay on these boards that she is a very lovely woman with a great big heart.

I was not asked to do this, but I would like to start accepting donations for Fazy and Craig. I believe that because of an old accident, Craig is unable to work and really relied on Fay for financial support. I will ask him for their PayPal address and if any of you would like, you may PM me for it.

I will also start a charity thread in the Gold/Silver/Bronze thread to raise funds for these two fine folks.

My most sincere thoughts and prayers are with Fay and Craig, and as I type this out with tears in my eyes, I hope for a most speedy recovery for my friend. :foryou:

Thanks everyone,

Andy

Charity thread for Fazybones

Here's a note that Craig has asked me to post on his behalf:

To All of the kindest and thoughtful members of the CGC Comic Boards.First I want to update you on Fay's condition.It is a miracle that she is still here she literally fought for her life on the second operation.I am happy to tell you that they have her up and walking , obviously some days are better then others.Sometimes I will get Fay back and even though it may only be 30 seconds I believe she will make a full recovery.

I want to thank Andy who I was glad to have found and share what had happened to Fay .He made all of this possible and welcomed me right away .I was glad he had sent me a link and I was able to read all of your posts. I am not ashamed to say I cried for the love and kind words for the most precious person in my life. I am a shy person and I am at a total lost on how to thank each of you for all you have done for Fay,Wally , myself and our families.

They were so happy to have read the posts as well .

I will leave you with this.The building had shut our power off for two hours and Fay came in with some comics and lied down beside me and asked me if I wanted to read a few with her.I remember opening a comic and then getting slapped on the hand and yelled at because I had opened Sgt Rock up too far back,since then I have never touched a book again but I had to admit once she had read two I had to know what was going to happen next. I was hooked and now see the fun and enjoyment they really bring.

Comic people are the best and you have all showed that in the biggest kindest way .Your words are the one thing I can keep reading and realize that we have been blessed in such a huge way!!I thank each and every one of you and will save these posts and all your names for when she recovers.

Many thanks from the Woodman and Wilson Families!

Sincerely,

Craig