• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE SIXTH GUN full lot including #1, #1 FCBD, Sons of the Gun #1 ComicsPro

54 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Sixth-Gun-1st-Prints-Entire-Run-1-Thru-29-All-Bagged-And-Boarded-/121090687727?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c319142ef

I thought I should post this. $1,000 without FCBD or Sons of the Gun, so I won't be budging on my price at all anymore. Saturday 10am Eastern it is back in a short box for a few weeks.

Tommy, I've been working hard going back and forth with you on this. Saturday does not work for me.

Why pull it down so quick? Please reply to my last PM as soon as you can please.

You know the boardies want cheapy high grade stuff TV...and people here have scooped up alot of 6th gun. Doesn't mean your pricing is bad or inappropriate, just a very picky group of folks here on the boards that have probably had their fill....OR....they're deliberating internally if they're going to pull the trigger before the clock runs out.

I honestly would buy the whole lot from you with no chizzeling if I didn't already have a bunch. Once again GLWTS....it REALLY is a sweet deal considering how the run has been doing lately.

If it's any consolation, you already have done a bunch of scanning....so if it's off to Ebay it shouldn't be too difficult to make the transition. Plus you'd probably make another coupla clams easy.

If I were you however, I'd certainly be slabbing up a storm by now. I'm also going to reiterate that if you do sell these here or on the bay it's going to be something you look back at later and regret selling for pennies on the dollar....the print run is just so low it's insane......the rarity is extreme and in spite of people indicating that the show 'may or may not happen'.....you've seen the way things have developed to date. Nothing this good makes it this far without going the full distance. Imagine what these comics will be worth in total right before the jump off. Austinbooks selling #1 for $299 a pop? I remember a few months back when their raws were like $50 and people thought that was off the chain.

You also know I have no stake in your sale. So my comments are in earnest.

If you REALLY need the $, I'd say go for it. But if you can hold onto these, people are literally clubbing each other over the heads to get full runs. The ferocity and intensity is just going to increase until D-day IMHO.

Thank you for the advice. The beginning of February #1-6 with FCBD were selling eBay for $80 (I know because I bought some!). And I saw another sell for $1,200 last night.

This thread is now closed to new offers. I have pending transactions being worked out with a few people that are very different. The Sixth Gun went from $900 on Sunday to selling for $1,000 and $1,200 yesterday. And none of those had the FCBD or Sons of the Gun.

Thank you to everyone for the help. Maybe you will see this lot listed again in a few weeks with a few slabbed.

CLOSED.

Yea, I did not see that 1200 sale either. Maybe it went up and down really quick?

I think 1,000 is about as much as someone should spend on the run. Anything more is great is you have the money, but if you doing it for an investment it is a gamble. Or it could be a steal a year from now...

closed on an offer of $1100

Just updating everyone even though this thread is closed. I thought it was $1,200. It actually turned out to be $1,100. None of the offers I had worked out, so I'll hold for a few more weeks and maybe relist here.

I think 1,000 is about as much as someone should spend on the run.

My "creative" bid equaled significantly more than $1000. What something is worth is exactly how much another person will pay for it. Please take that into consideration...others may value it more than you do for any of a number of reasons. Additinonally, taking into account that the market has equaled/surpassed the initial $1000 valuation, I already knew I had to be creative and "SHOULD" come up with a deal that equaled or bettered it.

Thanks Tommy, my pm is always open on a deal.

Did it? That auction that ended at 1,100 was all signed copies. I still have not seen one end at over a thousand that was just the full run. If I was selling right now, 800-1,000 would be the right price.

I do agree with you though: "should" is a very bad term. Something is worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it. If I had the money, I would spend more than a grand to get the whole run in one swing.

"Did it? That auction that ended at 1,100 was all signed copies."

Which of course means getting any of them SS would be "interesting"...so signed copies of this nature are for some fans a big plus...and for other buyers not what they want. I believe the non-signed books have a larger market (opinion).

Also, that 1100 auction lacked the very critical FCBD as well as several other books.

There was also an ebay 1000 sale and it too lacked all the books.

There is also another boardie that mentioned another 1100 sale.

"If I was selling right now, 800-1,000 would be the right price."

OK, please contact me with your $800 100% full run books and if I am not the buyer..I think I will have another. I have a feeling Oscar...I shouldn't wait by the phone. :)

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you enjoy The Sixth Gun. 2 new books to grab on wednesday!!

My point was only that I did not see a non-signed, full 1-29 collection go over 1,000 dollars yet. Not saying it won't, or should shouldn't, I just did not see one despite the references to it.

Not trying to argue about this. I just did an eBay search for completed/ sold listings, and that is what I saw. I totally might be missing it though.

I would think a set of these books even beat up would still bring in ~800...says a lot about how popular this is. I should have caveated my 800-1000 statement better.

I won't say anymore. I really don't want to get flamed/make of myself before I get to my tenth post (:

Ok, this SALES thread is turning into a free for all.

Feel free to move any discussions of the book and of the books value in the marketplace over to the Modern thread that talks about Sixth gun all day.

The thread is HERE

This is the marketplace. Sellers list books at their price, follow the rules and thats that. Buyers can buy them, make PM offers privately, or ignore the sales thread. If you dont like the price move along.

Crapping on someones listed price is a no-no (tsk) on these marketplace boards.

Asking clarification about noted previous sales is fine since the seller opened the door. But even then maybe PMs are the way to go.

Posting in someones sales thread that you will also be selling your same books for a lower price is even crappier. kuphd06, Im looking at you!

FYI there have been "strikes" issues by the Mods for sales thread krapping of late, its a relatively new occurrence, so be aware that the behavior is frowned upon.

I plan to put up a full unsigned run this week, and I'll be asking over $1K. We'll see how it does.

oh my!

This is what happens when your noobs aren't pruned regularly, the grow wild and out of control.

Is it really too much to ask that you list grades and post pictures when attempting to sell 1000 dollars worth of books? Maybe post that sort of thing when you start the sales thread...

Is it too much to ask that you PM instead of threadkrap?

Expecting grades to be posted when starting a sales thread is threadkrapping? And then being told to check back in a day or two when someone inquires about the books you are selling?

What I'm doing now is threadkrapping.

Peace.

lol