• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Great cover (thumbs u

Thought so too...never saw this book before I got it. Surprised me a bit because it looks more like the work Swan did in earlier SA DC's...and not really typical of 1967.

I guess what I'm saying is that this cover would'nt look out of place in 1958-1963 say hm ..which for me are the real great years for DC covers. (thumbs u

Less whining (not you, Doc). More pedigree books!

Green River Batman Annual #4:

batmanannual4big.jpg

That is just too pretty!

In the interest of full disclosure, there is a (nearly) non-color breaking crease about a half inch to the right of the spine on the left side that goes up the book.....someone bent the cover over I guess. It would knock the grade down a bit. But the colors are pretty bright. (thumbs u

I should also tell you that no cotton-picken' pressing fanatic will ever get their mitts on this book!

Are you ever going to have your raw greenies slabbed Brad?

Russ... :hi:

Good question Russ. The thing is....that a fair number of Green Rivers have at least one or two structural problems that get hammered when they get sent in for grading. The books themselves are gorgeous as far as freshness, page quality and overall eye appeal. But since CGC penalizes books with pressable defects, and since I will never have a book pressed on my end...it doesn't seem like the productive thing to do.

I've got a bunch of raw Green Rivers and I quickly got tired of spending good money to get back an 8.0 or an 8.5 on a book. Besides, as Alan (Pedigree Man) once said....why do you even need CGC's official label on the book? In this one small area of collecting....I think I might be a match for CGC as far as ID-ing GRs,so why would I need them? (No offense meant to the Sarasota Posse). I do take my hat off to Mark Haspel who is as good as anyone out there as far as I'm concerned. He really knows his pedigrees and approaches ped identification in a very systematic at disciplined manner. And he super good with ALL the pedigrees.

If I wanted to pump up my registry numbers, I'd get them slabbed too....but that seems a little silly to me.