• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

So you finally pulled the trigger, huh?

Out of curiosity I just checked the listing on Pedigree, you did a great job of knocking the price down! The 9.6 WM copy cheaper than a 9.4 copy of #40? It pays to be friends with the Doug-ster!

I actually wouldn't have minded a CGC 9.4 (yours or one on ComicLink) if I could have got it for around $1,600.00. hi.gif

Regarding getting Doug down on the price, basically I paid a very high price for the first run of TTA's I bought from him, so it's kind of evening out (I had purchase another group from him about a month ago at fairly reasonable prices).

I think he has the Pacific Coast copies of these books, so they are duplicates and probably doesn't want money tied up in them. Also, it's not like I got them for a song and a dance (well actually I did play him a few songs I wrote, so maybe he made the deal so I would stop).

All that said, it does help that I can actually see the books in person and negotiate over dinner (much easier then bidding, getting a counter bid, bidding again, etc.) grin.gif

0095389001.jpg

I found a grading coupon dated Oct 2003 that I won in the Weekly Contest we used to have. The crew in Sarasota were nice enough to honor it even though it was so old. Chose this Oakland as the submission.

Scan courtesy of CGC. Graded and slabbed yesterday. Received the email with the image this morning.

Thanks to CGC for honoring the coupon!

Nice cover. Didn't know you were a forumite when I sold you the book. I checked my records and I sold the book to you as VF/NM 9.0 with white pages. thumbsup2.gif

Nice cover. Didn't know you were a forumite when I sold you the book. I checked my records and I sold the book to you as VF/NM 9.0 with white pages. thumbsup2.gif

I actually bought the book from you based on the recommendation of another forumite. cool.gif

[#@$%!!!]!! Right when this thread falls down I post in it to bump it up, then some [#@$%!!!] goes and posts in it after me. What the [#@$%!!!] were you waiting on?

sign-rantpost.gif

[#@$%!!!]!! Right when this thread falls down I post in it to bump it up, then some [#@$%!!!] goes and posts in it after me. What the [#@$%!!!] were you waiting on?

sign-rantpost.gif

sorry.gif I didn't know how many you had...I finally got around to scanning the book. flowerred.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

sorry.gif I didn't know how many you had...I finally got around to scanning the book. flowerred.gif

Nothing personal. It's just the last few times I have posted after this thread had dropped, somebody else posts a couple books after me. Just a little peeve right now. flowerred.gif

Nothing personal. It's just the last few times I have posted after this thread had dropped, somebody else posts a couple books after me. Just a little peeve right now. flowerred.gif

Maybe it's because you bumped it up that it caught someone else's attention and they felt compelled to post too. confused-smiley-013.gif

Feeling a little starved for attention? Okay, I'll admire your books and give you a big 893applaud-thumb.gif

Very cool books. I bought many Winnipeg's from Doug recently myself.

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO POST THE?. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Just kidding, we'll let your books get some attention. hi.gif

Love the Avengers Giant Size as I can remember buying that one as a kid. cloud9.gif

Damn you Steve for getting me started on the "Pedigree" chase

Sorry!!!! sorry.gif

But you know you LOVE IT. grin.gif

It's a collection, inside a collection (like a dream inside a dream).

cloud9.gif

I admit, that I'm hugely addicted to pedigrees (even the so called "false idol" SA and BA ones).