• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Yup, that one is mine.

I sent a link to that book to my fiance when it was on Pedigree, with the hint that, "Man, I'd sure love to own a Curator anything."

Gorgeous book =).

The price was right.

I think you need to find yourself a new sugar mamma poke2.gif

Yup, that one is mine.

I sent a link to that book to my fiance when it was on Pedigree, with the hint that, "Man, I'd sure love to own a Curator anything."

Gorgeous book =).

The price was right.

Hah! Would have been an eventual xmas present. So, finding out you have it means that either I'm not going to get it from her for xmas, or that you are my fiancee. gossip.gif

Yup, that one is mine.

Gorgeous book =).

The price was right.

Hah! Would have been an eventual xmas present. So, finding out you have it means that either I'm not going to get it from her for xmas, or that you are my fiancee. gossip.gif

Sorry bro, my kite does'nt fly in that direction laugh.gif,

not that there is anything wrong with it angel.gif

Incredible books, Tim. Would you say that the PC books are nicest SA pedigrees? It sure looks like it to me! hail.gifhail.gif

It`s hard to say. Speaking of DCs only, I`d have to say that where PC books exist in high grade, which seems to be about mid-1963 onwards, they are hard to beat, as evidenced by the JLA run. But, having said that, I could point to the Western Penn Flash run, which from 138 (Aug 1963) through the 150s averages 9.6 and features 3 9.8s. And the quality issues of the Western Penn collection seems to go much earlier than the PC collection, featuring for instance 9.6 copies of Showcase from 1961 and 1962. In contrast, as far as I know the PC JLAs only start in the teens.

The truth of the matter is that I really don`t know enough to say one way or another, because I haven`t seen enough of either pedigree. For example, the only PC copy of Flash that I`ve seen is #137 (CGC 9.6). Where are the other PC Flashes? I`ve never seen ANY PC or Western Penn early GLs or Atoms, nor have I have seen any Western Penn JLAs. Do these books exist? If so, what kinds of grades are they in?

So Tim what JLA issues from the first 50 or so books are you missing?

Unfortunately, the number of issues I`m missing dwarfs the number of issues I own. For example, the only JLA I own from 1-10 is #5. You can check out my JLAs in the Registry, and you`ll see the embarassingly huge gaps.

Tth2, do you know if these incredible books were read at all or just bought and not touched thereafter? I have little memory for pedigree details.

There's a thread somewhere where Doug Schmell and Linmoth/Tom Hanlin discuss this very issue with respect to the PCs. I believe Doug was of the opinion that the PC books, particularly the spines, were so immaculate that they couldn't have been read, but Tom said that the PC OO was so knowledgeable about the stories and characters that he must have read the books. I don't know about the Western Penns, perhaps Tom could shed some light on whether the OO actually read the books.

For the record, it's definitely possible to get 9.6s and 9.8s on books that have been read. The 9.8 JLA 24 that I posted above was read by me before I submitted it.

For the record, it's definitely possible to get 9.6s and 9.8s on books that have been read. The 9.8 JLA 24 that I posted above was read by me before I submitted it.

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear you're still able to enjoy your books. How much precaution does it take to keep it in that grade though?

I think it would be more informative, if you told us how you were able to "Cherry Pick" your comic. What characteristics etc. Also, how you stored it. Though, since that was quite a while, I understand if you can't remember.