• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Read This! It May Save Your Life! My Story-Please Read!

86 posts in this topic

Issac,

As I told you on the phone, I'm relieved it turned out OK... God bless, brotha. Pass the word, guys, no joke.

mrmyst, I thank you for that! God Bless you too my friend! Yes everyone please pass the word, this can definitely save lives!

Thanks for sharing your story and glad that your are now OK. I have lost 3 friends in the last year,48 - 49 years old, from sudden massive heart attacks. All 3 were overweight, ate poorly and did not exercise.

If anyone suspects anything like this, get it checked immediately and pray that you get a doctor, nurse or technician that will look at the test results with great detail. As you saw, initial testing can be misleading.

Congrats. Very glad you went to the hospital, and even better that the surgery went well.

This is going to seem like the most inane bit of advice, but I'm a true believer. About 8-9 years ago, my cholesterol was moderately elevated. I held out going on Lipitor with the intent of adopting a tough excercise regimen. Never happened.

What I did do was start eating Cheerios and oatmeal for breakfast 6 mornings of the week. W/in a year, my cholesterol had dropped over 50 points. Hopefully not too late to prevent any serious plaque build-up. Still, a dramatic difference and one I strongly recommend to people. It doesn't hurt that I love oatmeal.

Great advice. In most cases, your body will let you know if something is amiss. Don't ignore it. You did the right thing. Glad you paid attention to the messages.

Here's to continuing on your current path! :acclaim:

After having 2 heart attacks and 5 stints put in me I know how you feel. Pretty much had the same experience happen to me. I been doing really good for a while now. 7 years now. Watch what you eat. That's the most important info I can give you. Low sodium foods. Stick with decaf drinking. Decaf coffee, cola. And no junk food and you'll be fine. Exercise when you can. Just 10 minutes in a day is enough to get you by. But try for longer. My heart problems run in the family. History of heart attacks. My heart seems fine. Its the clogging that does me and family members in. So what I eat is important to me. I usually have blood work done every years and a stress test for results of how I'm doing. Luckily insurance is covering all of this.

One other thing. Get it in your mine not to get stressed out. Ever since I had my 2nd heart attack I been looking at things differently. Doing things when you want to do them. Don't get yourself pressured by the everyday things. This even affects my comic book collecting. I no longer feel "I have to have" that certain book anymore. You'll see. Anything you do to help your heart will show results.

Take care.

Isaac,

thank you for your story. Glad you are feeling better.

I'm will be 41 myself this year. Have hit the gym for over 20 years; always careful of what I eat ( and I do have to eat a lot )

Healthy eating and routine exercise should be a part of everyone's habits.

Thank you Peter in Portugal, I have already started eating much better and have been exercising as much as I can. I am still in recovery but I am exercising more and more every other day. Take care

[quote=Peter in Portugal

Healthy eating and routine exercise should be a part of everyone's habits.

Important to note you need BOTH healthy eating and exercise. You may keep the weight down by exercising alone but without healthy eating you are asking for trouble.

Glad to hear you are doing well and thanks for posting your experience.

Yes that is correct, healthy eating and exercise are key factors in keeping a healthy heart! Thank you bomber-bob for your nice comments and you are very welcome, I am glad that you read my posting. Please pass it on.

Isaac

So glad you went in and did the stress test. I'm glad you are doing better. I need to start eating better.

Thank you Johnny U! I am so glad too that I went in and did the stress test! Thank you for your kind words and it is great that you want to start eating better! I have changed my diet 100%, at first it was a little difficult but after a little bit of time it really isn`t that bad. Try it, I am sure you will adjust to the change very fast. Take care and thank you for reading my posting, please pass it on.

I'm glad to hear you're doing fine. I'm 42 years old and don't even exercise as much as I used. Into my 30s I used to jog 11 miles two or three times a week and work out at the gym every day. Now with my workload I don't have time to exercise and it concerns me.

My diet went to as well with all my travel but I've become more aware of what I eat and portion size as of late.

Even though I'm still very active I need to lay off the junk food and eat healthier.

The other night after a lengthy delay I had to run through DFW airport to catch my connecting flight - I made it, but I was wiped out from the effort. I wouldn't have felt like that in the old days and it bothers me.

Good luck and I hope your health continues to improve. And to everyone else, get out from behind that computer and exercise!

I had a heart attack two years ago when I was 42. My chest pains started around 10am and before noon I was being prepped for a quintuple bypass.

I agree with everything you said. If you're having pains, go get checked out. Having it checked quickly enough is the difference between typing this reply and your friends and family mourning your death.

The line between the two is thin and you can't afford to overlook the symptoms.

I know what you went through and are still going through, Isaac. You have a LOT of healing to do.

The dull ache in the center of your chest will magically feel better in approximately one year.

Right now, since your circulation has been restored, you feel like a new man...aside from feeling like you were hit in the chest by a truck. lol

The most insignificant things will make you laugh and laugh hard, and the laughter will make you hurt so bad you'll feel like you're going to pass out from the pain. Your sight will black out. It's miserable.

Just know that every day will get a little better and you have a new appreciation for life and how much of it you haven't lived yet.

Take care of yourself. If you have any questions or just want to share war stories, feel free to PM me anytime. (thumbs u

I try to avoid industrial food. It cant be good for the body to eat this chemically made up stuff in packages. Too much sugar, to much salt, it almost never gets bad because every living incredients have been eliminated. Rather eat & cook natural fresh food. Self cooking is not that much work and it tastes so much better than the industrial stuff.

You must always keep in mind that the main interest of the food industry is not the proper nutrition for the people but making PROFIT. Why should they use expensive natural ingedriedients when the chemical laboratories can add cheap chemical alternatives instead.

Avoid packages!