• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Frazetta Art Museum to reopen - if it's true?

36 posts in this topic

Always felt I missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to see so many of his works in person, and maybe a glimpse of him or Ellie.

Aw man, if you were hoping for just a glimpse of Ellie, you really missed out. She was the one who ran the museum, she took your entry donation, and she ran the gift shop. You couldn't get away from her lol and I laugh in a loving way, she was great to talk to. Pretty patient too, as I set off the alarm several times.

.... I still can't believe they're both dead. They looked so young and vital in Frazetta, The Living Legend..... almost immortal. It was Frazetta's art that really woke me up from adolescence. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. We should plan a Boardie Pilgrimage on his Birthday.

Would GPS coordinates work for most people here? The museum is literally a 10-min drive from my house. I've been down rt-209 hundreds of times and NEVER noticed it. There are also 2 route 209's and now a new throughway that connect both of them. I'll hunt it down, pull down their driveway, and mark the coordinates on my GPS until they open and I can check it out first hand.

Wasn't it announced that Robert Rodriquez partnered with his daughters to open a Frazetta museum in texas?

Wish the rumor involved San Antonio...

NO matter where its at....I will make it at some point....end of 2014 :wishluck:

Always felt I missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to see so many of his works in person, and maybe a glimpse of him or Ellie.

Aw man, if you were hoping for just a glimpse of Ellie, you really missed out. She was the one who ran the museum, she took your entry donation, and she ran the gift shop. You couldn't get away from her lol and I laugh in a loving way, she was great to talk to. Pretty patient too, as I set off the alarm several times.

.... I still can't believe they're both dead. They looked so young and vital in Frazetta, The Living Legend..... almost immortal. It was Frazetta's art that really woke me up from adolescence. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. We should plan a Boardie Pilgrimage on his Birthday.

That's s really cool idea! (thumbs u

Please recommend that the Frazetta estate put up a sign to the re-opening of their museum that is visible from the street. Last time, we drove around in circles for 1.5 hr in that small town from the Frazetta hallowe'en shop to Dairy Queen trying to sight the stone marker were you were supposed to turn into the 1 car path into their ranch. GPS will not work. :frustrated:

If the museum opens again, and the Lackland Self Storage facility is still across the street, I'd use that as a landmark. The only problem we had was driving by the Frazetta's driveway the first time :grin:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=128773&Number=2432391#Post2432391

Please recommend that the Frazetta estate put up a sign to the re-opening of their museum that is visible from the street. Last time, we drove around in circles for 1.5 hr in that small town from the Frazetta hallowe'en shop to Dairy Queen trying to sight the stone marker were you were supposed to turn into the 1 car path into their ranch. GPS will not work. :frustrated:

If the museum opens again, and the Lackland Self Storage facility is still across the street, I'd use that as a landmark. The only problem we had was driving by the Frazetta's driveway the first time :grin:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=128773&Number=2432391#Post2432391

Excellent, this is very helpful. Now just open it up and I am there.