• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batgirl 19 with a bit of a surprise

173 posts in this topic

One of the best comic book stories I've read in the last decade was Greg Rucka's "Half a Life" (Gotham Central # 6-10).

It dealt with the public outing of Officer Montoya (whom I only knew from the Batman Animated Series cartoon) as a lesbian and the harrassment (and blackmail) she received as a result, both within and without the police dept.

It wasn't done for shock value and turned but instead made for a really good story.

I won't buy anything that Simone writes. I don't need her left wing agenda shoved down my throat.

Damn women and their left wing agendas.

One of the best comic book stories I've read in the last decade was Greg Rucka's "Half a Life" (Gotham Central # 6-10).

It dealt with the public outing of Officer Montoya (whom I only knew from the Batman Animated Series cartoon) as a lesbian and the harrassment (and blackmail) she received as a result, both within and without the police dept.

It wasn't done for shock value and turned but instead made for a really good story.

Unfortunately, many who see this as a 'contrivance', would probably still see that as a 'contrivance' as well.

I won't buy anything that Simone writes. I don't need her left wing agenda shoved down my throat.

Damn women and their left wing agendas.

You'd think they had an axe to grind, like they haven't been treated fairly all this time!

dey need ta keep all them there agenders to theys self

Locked and then poof :cry:

They could have at least left it at locked and let us have our fun.

Locked and then poof :cry:

They could have at least left it at locked and let us have our fun.

You deserve the +5 points.