• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batgirl 19 with a bit of a surprise

173 posts in this topic

Locked and then poof :cry:

They could have at least left it at locked and let us have our fun.

You deserve the +5 points.

The Forum Legend hath spoken, and so it shall be done. (worship)

Locked and then poof :cry:

They could have at least left it at locked and let us have our fun.

You deserve the +5 points.

The Forum Legend hath spoken, and so it shall be done. (worship)

You don't know what he means by "points" do you?

I won't buy anything that Simone writes. I don't need her left wing agenda shoved down my throat.

No politics allowed on this forum. Go discuss your agenda somewhere else.

I'm curious as to what he does want shoved down his throat.

I won't buy anything that Simone writes. I don't need her left wing agenda shoved down my throat.

Saga #12?

Saga #12?

That would be too much krap to swallow.

Wow, look. America! Capitalism in action! If you don't want to buy what Gail Simone writes - wait for it - YOU DON'T HAVE TO!

And if enough people don't buy it, she won't be writing it anymore. Pretty simple concept. If more people buy it, then she will.

My assumption is that you don't buy Batgirl now anyways, so you're just bleating.

One of the best comic book stories I've read in the last decade was Greg Rucka's "Half a Life" (Gotham Central # 6-10).

It dealt with the public outing of Officer Montoya (whom I only knew from the Batman Animated Series cartoon) as a lesbian and the harrassment (and blackmail) she received as a result, both within and without the police dept.

It wasn't done for shock value and turned but instead made for a really good story.

Unfortunately, many who see this as a 'contrivance', would probably still see that as a 'contrivance' as well.

Of course they would.

Anything not following 'the norm' is contrived. meh

OK, I'm confused...

I assume from your comment that you are right-wing?

And - correct me if I'm wrong - right-wing is all about personal freedoms?

Soooooo...why can't everybody come out as gay, or bisexual, or transgender?

What are you frightened of? (shrug)

The first "black" hero in comics, might have been "Red Mask" in Best Comics #1, from 1939.

But he was changed to be white, a couple of issues later. :roflmao:

Nice one! I was banging my head against the desk trying to remember that book!

You're wrong.

You're wrong.

Well, aren't they all for no gubment control, and lots of guns, and being able to do whatever they want on their own property, and...

You mean they don't want us to have personal freedoms when it comes to sexuality? :o

You're wrong.

Well, aren't they all for no gubment control, and lots of guns, and being able to do whatever they want on their own property, and...

You mean they don't want us to have personal freedoms when it comes to sexuality? :o

Personal freedoms yes, as long as those desired freedoms conform to a specific social, cultural and "moral" standard, and so long as you're part of the group imposing that standard.

You're wrong.

Personal freedoms yes, as long as those desired freedoms conform to a specific social, cultural and "moral" standard, and so long as you're part of the group imposing that standard.

Ah, right. (thumbs u

Kinda like a dictatorship, then? (shrug)