• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazon vs eBay

53 posts in this topic

I'm getting a little fed up with EBay so Amazon may be an alternative. This is the wonderful EBay dispute/not as described I just got:

“I do not think you understand my intent. I would like to refund and will be keeping the purchase”.

You have to love EBay.

There is no way they will win that. Please post the buyers id or send it to me after the dispute is done so I can ban them.

To heck with waiting, please give us his ID right now .

I also sell electronics on EBay. Used Cisco switches etc. This is someone that we will never see on these boards. He has good feedback too. He has held off on giving me feedback so until he cannot google his name and then double Neg me and ruin my 100% feedback I'm holding off on the name. I'm just bringing this up because this is what you should expect to deal with on EBay. You know if it was comic related I would have the guys name, address, etc up here in seconds. Hmmmm, maybe not. The last time I put an address up here I got a STRIKE! Maybe just a username this time around.

It's not the first time my account was held hostage by a scammer. I called EBay and they are able to read your emails. I've been hit with item not described before as soon as they received their tracking numbers. The dummies didn't realize just because you have a tracking number, it doesn't mean it's shipped. It just pissed me off at the balls the person has and that I had to waste an hour of my day dealing with it.

I also sell electronics on EBay. Used Cisco switches etc. This is someone that we will never see on these boards. He has good feedback too. He has held off on giving me feedback so until he cannot google his name and then double Neg me and ruin my 100% feedback I'm holding off on the name. I'm just bringing this up because this is what you should expect to deal with on EBay. You know if it was comic related I would have the guys name, address, etc up here in seconds. Hmmmm, maybe not. The last time I put an address up here I got a STRIKE! Maybe just a username this time around.

It's not the first time my account was held hostage by a scammer. I called EBay and they are able to read your emails. I've been hit with item not described before as soon as they received their tracking numbers. The dummies didn't realize just because you have a tracking number, it doesn't mean it's shipped. It just pissed me off at the balls the person has and that I had to waste an hour of my day dealing with it.

I sell music instruments on ebay/amazon as well..not just comics, and Ill give Amazon that- I had an incident with someone that wrote me a negative feedback on Amazon because he ordered the wrong item due to him not reading the description (not my mistake), he didnt use foul language- just wrote about his "bad experience"- I called Amazon and they have removed the feedback.. While I dont have negative feedback on eBay I know that their policy is to not remove feedbacks even if the buyer is wrong!

And while on that topic, have you ever thought of opening a few eBay accounts? I know it sounds tedious and it may take awhile to establish reputation, but it makes your work stress free

No idea, but I've noticed the exact trend you are describing.

Does Amazon Prime shipping work with third party sales? That could be a big part of it - my wife and I got Prime and our purchases on Amazon have probably doubled due to free 2nd Day shipping.

Does Amazon Prime shipping work with third party sales? That could be a big part of it - my wife and I got Prime and our purchases on Amazon have probably doubled due to free 2nd Day shipping.

Prime works on items "fulfilled by Amazon"

Prime works on items "fulfilled by Amazon"

What is interesting on this point is this; essentially like MyComicShop, you have the ability to ship your items to Amazon and they hold it in their inventory. Then in your listing it would show up as "Fulfilled By Amazon" but only in this instance.

This is neat because then Amazon Prime would be applicable and also may or not hold more weight with prospective buyers. But then again, do you really want to be shipping out a valuable slab to Amazon for them to hold on to it?

Not sure if someone did a direct comparison, but now with the new 10% ebay fee + paypal at nearly 3%, Amazon is only a couple percentage points away from that. Just adjust your selling price accordingly for the obligatory $3.99 shipping rate.

I have over 500 items for sale on Amazon at any given time.

whats the percentage of comics out of those 500 items? Just curious

I dont sell comics on Amazon. But I may start, I dont remember seeing comics before on there, just TPBs.

And while on that topic, have you ever thought of opening a few eBay accounts? I know it sounds tedious and it may take awhile to establish reputation, but it makes your work stress free

How does one open more than one eBay account??

I thought that when you open an account (one's first account), you have to give them your name, address, credit card number, etc.

So if you try to open a second account, you would have to do that again, no? (that is, give them again your name, address, credit card, etc). So wouldn't they know then that the same person is trying to open a second account?? Is that allowed??

And what do you mean, when you say: that more than one ebay account would make one's work stress-free. How so?

Thanks.

You can open as many eBay accounts as you'd like, they don't prohibit that, in fact it is better to keep personal and Business accounts separately for tax purposes, as long as you don't abuse that privilege (shilling, feedback abuse, etc..).

And what do you mean, when you say: that more than one ebay account would make one's work stress-free. How so?

I dont know about you, but I've noticed that at the early stages of me selling on eBay, I had about 200 transactions with only 1 person who complained about the condition of the books, thats a ratio I can live with. Recently I've been getting more and more buyers who get the item and complain and even worse, give me a neutral feedback and hold it ransom until I give them some sort of a break on the price, even when I offer them to return the item for a full refund! My guess is that as buyers see that you have a reputation they hold more grounds into negotiating a better price even after the buy. Just my 2 cents