• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGCmod0 puts down the hammer: Peter In Portugal, COI and Tsimanga

151 posts in this topic

I also have to say - thank you, whomever the mod was that cleaned up the mess I at least continued and then flamed further with the threads I got locked over the weekend.

I honestly probably did deserve a strike for needling CAL so badly.

:sorry:

-slym

Cal is a good example of someone who should have been banned long ago - no one else could get away with the stuff he does. But, I like him. Even if I'm currently back on his 'list.'

I like CAL too!

I do hate your guts, however.

25pttlgjpg.gif

Who doesn't :shrug:

WTF did I do??

Quit masking. And please explain what you haven't done.

you can kiss my @ss....there's masking

CGGmod0 notified.

kiss-you.gif

I also have to say - thank you, whomever the mod was that cleaned up the mess I at least continued and then flamed further with the threads I got locked over the weekend.

-slym

Cal is a good example of someone who should have been banned long ago - no one else could get away with the stuff he does. But, I like him. Even if I'm currently back on his 'list.'

I like CAL too!

I do hate your guts, however.

25pttlgjpg.gif

Who doesn't :shrug:

WTF did I do??

Quit masking. And please explain what you haven't done.

you can kiss my @ss....there's masking

CGGmod0 notified.

kiss-you.gif

you're asking for the heterophobes to appear...., :luhv:

is this masking?

Dictionary definition? Yes. Forum definition? No.

In COI's case, it's more "circumventing the profanity filter", which is a big no-no around here. It probably didn't help that he dared the mods do something about it (shrug)

Them's some pretty fancy words. You a mod, boy?

is this masking?

In COI's case, it's more "circumventing the profanity filter", which is a big no-no around here. It probably didn't help that he dared the mods do something about it (shrug)

Is that the requirement?

is this masking?

Is that the requirement?

Stop being so fancy...

-slym

I like CAL too!

Yeah, he is pretty fabulous.

-slym

I like CAL too!

Could use a pair of red pants though....

-slym

I like CAL too!

Could use a pair of red pants though....

He has purple ones. Close enough. Besides, you have to earn the right to wear the crimson pantaloons. :insane:

Masking = Who cares as long as it is in line with literary content. If you're just going to curse to curse, then yes, it's annoying, but most of us are adults on this board and the strike system if anything is inconsistent.

I was a MOD on several boards and I hated dealing with peoples fights; that was my peeve. It's also a hard and time consuming job. I eventually created a sub-category called "Hell" and threw all the flame wars in there so they could be kept out of sight. The cursing was filtered. People circumvented it, so what, as long as it wasn't directed at a board member I usually let it slide.

Has a MOD ever directly contacted a member and asked them to calm down a little or is it just an omnipotent entity behind a keyboard deciding who lives or dies? The rules trump everything, but if he was a good contributing member that posted 1000's of threads, then this needs to be factored in.

Personally, the Mods here can do what they want. Patrol, ban, strike, slap, because I try to keep on topic. They are right about items not belonging here: politics and religion. If someone is uncorking about being scammed by a sale and curses through the filter I would hate to get a strike on top of it if this were ever the case. A sensible and polite PM from anyone would be enough to deter the behavior.

I like how mods don't address real concerns like why my books are received fast track before others and others are having theirs shipped to them already while mine are still sitting at verified, but they can come put the ban on someone for terms nobody knows

I think Arch and the mods work for an external Internet company who does CGC's web site, not for CGC itself, so tying the moderation to grading doesn't really mean anything.

Has a MOD ever directly contacted a member and asked them to calm down a little or is it just an omnipotent entity behind a keyboard deciding who lives or dies? The rules trump everything, but if he was a good contributing member that posted 1000's of threads, then this needs to be factored in.

Personally, the Mods here can do what they want. Patrol, ban, strike, slap, because I try to keep on topic. They are right about items not belonging here: politics and religion. If someone is uncorking about being scammed by a sale and curses through the filter I would hate to get a strike on top of it if this were ever the case. A sensible and polite PM from anyone would be enough to deter the behavior.

Arch has PM'ed me and asked me to tone something down. Cgcmod0 seems to prefer communicating exclusively through suspensions and just quietly goes about doing the moderation job.

Who exactly are they protecting from these evil swear words?

I haven't to the best of my knowledge seen any little kids on here(adults acting like them at times, yes, but true little kids, no)

I belong to many different message boards, and none of them do this, but then again, this is the only comic collecting message board I belong to, so is this just something common to comic collecting boards?

Anyone who can access the intenet is going to run across much worse then a few swear words on a daily basis.

This just seems kind of silly to me.