• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGCmod0 puts down the hammer: Peter In Portugal, COI and Tsimanga

151 posts in this topic

cgcmod0 is a weenie
He won't be able to search his name unless you spell it right.

Who exactly are they protecting from these evil swear words?

I haven't to the best of my knowledge seen any little kids on here(adults acting like them at times, yes, but true little kids, no)

I belong to many different message boards, and none of them do this, but then again, this is the only comic collecting message board I belong to, so is this just something common to comic collecting boards?

Anyone who can access the intenet is going to run across much worse then a few swear words on a daily basis.

This just seems kind of silly to me.

They try to keep it G-rated. There was one a few years ago who would pull any comic cover you posted that featured the typical scantily-clad women that Marvel and DC put on their covers. One kept pulling any post I put up with a Liberty Meadows cover on it. I found that ridiculous. :eek: It all starts with button-humping though, so the mods are just reacting to oversensitive boardies, or ones who enjoy getting posts censored or pulled for whatever reason.

I haven't to the best of my knowledge seen any little kids on here(adults acting like them at times, yes, but true little kids, no)

I belong to many different message boards, and none of them do this, but then again, this is the only comic collecting message board I belong to, so is this just something common to comic collecting boards?

Anyone who can access the intenet is going to run across much worse then a few swear words on a daily basis.

They try to keep it G-rated. There was one a few years ago who would pull any comic cover you posted that featured the typical scantily-clad women that Marvel and DC put on their covers. One kept pulling any post I put up with a Liberty Meadows cover on it. I found that ridiculous. :eek:

If CGC is willing to slab it....CGC should allow the cover to be posted here.

They try to keep it G-rated. There was one a few years ago who would pull any comic cover you posted that featured the typical scantily-clad women that Marvel and DC put on their covers. One kept pulling any post I put up with a Liberty Meadows cover on it. I found that ridiculous. :eek:

I have no issues with separate criteria, they derive revenue from slabbing books - they gain nothing by allowing their chatboard to devolve into titty posts and butt shots. There are plenty of places on my favourites bar the internet for that. :blush:

If they aligned policies, what if they went the other way and refused to slab a questionable book because of its cover?

Its spoon like this that kills the spoon life of a spoon place like this. Who are they trying to protect ?

I'm going to quit this hobby and open a spoon shop. We will sell spoons to tourists at the beach. Wooden spoon, glass spoons, spoons that say the name of our state on em..... you know the type. :popcorn:

Has a MOD ever directly contacted a member and asked them to calm down a little or is it just an omnipotent entity behind a keyboard deciding who lives or dies? The rules trump everything, but if he was a good contributing member that posted 1000's of threads, then this needs to be factored in.

Personally, the Mods here can do what they want. Patrol, ban, strike, slap, because I try to keep on topic. They are right about items not belonging here: politics and religion. If someone is uncorking about being scammed by a sale and curses through the filter I would hate to get a strike on top of it if this were ever the case. A sensible and polite PM from anyone would be enough to deter the behavior.

Arch has PM'ed me and asked me to tone something down. Cgcmod0 seems to prefer communicating exclusively through suspensions and just quietly goes about doing the moderation job.

I'm going to guess "boobie gifs".

Something you thought were completely reasonable and a moderator did not.

Even though you speak for the boards on community standards.

Arch has PM'ed me and asked me to tone something down.

I'm going to guess "boobie gifs".

No, it was this scene from the movie "Hall Pass":

SneezeFromTheWrongEnd.gif

And this was our interaction (PM title was "Sig image"):

A little too gross. Ditch it, would ya?

Done!

I have no issues with separate criteria, they derive revenue from slabbing books - they gain nothing by allowing their chatboard to devolve into titty posts and butt shots. There are plenty of places on my favourites bar the internet for that. :blush:

If they aligned policies, what if they went the other way and refused to slab a questionable book because of its cover?

Arch said yesterday in the other thread they'd like it to be PG-13 around here. He's said that before in the past as well. However, in the past it was also clear that at least one of the other moderators preferred it being G. I haven't seen evidence that any of the current moderators will yank PG-13 content. Has Marvel, DC, or has Liberty Meadows EVER had a cover that would be considered more salacious than PG-13? Pretty sure they haven't, so virtually any comic cover should be fair game. I know Frank Cho has a boob fetish, yet I still think all of the Liberty Meadows covers are G-rated. Below is an example of an exact image I've had yanked before, and it was only that post that got yanked, i.e. it wasn't a reply to a post that got yanked and mine was just collateral damage. Is this not rated G? hm

LIBERTY%20MEADOWS.jpg

Arch said in the other thread they'd like it to be PG-13 around here. In the past, it was clear that at least one of the other moderators preferred it being G. I haven't seen evidence that any of the current moderators will yank PG-13 content. Has Marvel, DC, or has Liberty Meadows EVER had a cover that would be considered more salacious than PG-13? Pretty sure they haven't, so virtually any comic cover should be fair game. I know Frank Cho has a boob fetish, yet I still think all of the Liberty Meadows covers are G-rated. Below is an example of an exact image I've had yanked before, and it was only that post that got yanked, i.e. it wasn't a reply to a post that got yanked and mine was just collateral damage. Is this not rated G? hm

LIBERTY%20MEADOWS.jpg

Mods notified!

Arch said yesterday in the other thread they'd like it to be PG-13 around here. He's said that before in the past as well. However, in the past it was also clear that at least one of the other moderators preferred it being G. I haven't seen evidence that any of the current moderators will yank PG-13 content. Has Marvel, DC, or has Liberty Meadows EVER had a cover that would be considered more salacious than PG-13? Pretty sure they haven't, so virtually any comic cover should be fair game. I know Frank Cho has a boob fetish, yet I still think all of the Liberty Meadows covers are G-rated. Below is an example of an exact image I've had yanked before, and it was only that post that got yanked, i.e. it wasn't a reply to a post that got yanked and mine was just collateral damage. Is this not rated G? hm

LIBERTY%20MEADOWS.jpg

That picture got yanked? More than once I would think.

LIBERTY%20MEADOWS.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about! :banana:

I'm sure Cho's art for Brandy has been yanked hundreds of thousands of times. :blush: His vision of the ideal female form matches my own. :cloud9:

I'm sure Cho's art for Brandy has been yanked hundreds of thousands of times...his vision of the ideal female form matches my own. :cloud9:

I concur.

Go start a thread about it. :baiting: