• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First shots of Jamie Foxx as Electro

84 posts in this topic

Reminds me more of some new Star Wars Sith villain.

Anything but the old green and yellow costume. :P

I was gonna say I wish it was the original costume. But I guess since they even changed Spidey's suit, no character's are off-limits.

It's clearly based on "Ultimate Electro," where he was about that shade of blue (sort of Watchmen "Dr. Manhattan"-style).

They also used it in a few of the cartoon versions. It works much better for me than the green and yellow.

Is Paul Giamatti playing Jameson?

Paul Giamatti is playing The Rhino.

Ahh, ok.

Small guy for that role.

Yeah, once they realized there isn't a human being (who can act) large enough for that role, they went he SFX route and got someone who was a solid actor.

No question he can act. I just hope they don't over CGI it to death.

The first one I really liked and the CGI was convincing enough.

This?

electro.jpg

There are hundreds of comic related things I would like to see on the big screen. The above is definitely not among them. :sick:

Without the hat-mask and the wrist fins. This would work just fine. At least it would be recognizable as who it is.

Is Paul Giamatti playing Jameson?

Paul Giamatti is playing The Rhino.

Ahh, ok.

Small guy for that role.

Yeah, once they realized there isn't a human being (who can act) large enough for that role, they went he SFX route and got someone who was a solid actor.

No question he can act. I just hope they don't over CGI it to death.

The first one I really liked and the CGI was convincing enough.

If you're talking about The Amazing Spider-Man, the CGI on Lizard was horrible.

I've seen better CGI on TV commercials for local businesses.

This?

electro.jpg

There are hundreds of comic related things I would like to see on the big screen. The above is definitely not among them. :sick:

Without the hat-mask and the wrist fins. This would work just fine. At least it would be recognizable as who it is.

The mask is 90% of what's bad about the costume, but even without that I think the day-glo colors would look pretty goofy in a modern movie.

This?

electro.jpg

The mask is 90% of what's bad about the costume, but even without that I think the day-glo colors would look pretty goofy in a modern movie.

I agree. Electro is my favorite Spidey villain, but there is nothing about that costume I would use in a movie.

It might have worked in a 1978 movie, but not now.