• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20 years of Marvel Comics (1/1960 to 12/1979) COMPLETED!

151 posts in this topic

That's a terrific achievement!

Was grade a concern for you or where you just happy to have any copy to complete the collection? I know some of these are tough in any grade, but just curious how you approached it.

Popped in and saw this. Congrats!! It has to be fun to go through each run of books. Now you need to scan them all and create a visual database of your collection.

Thanks everyone. To answer some of the questions people asked. I am also collecting all the Curtis/Marvel black and white mags. I have quite a lot of them. I need a lot of Savage Sword of Conan. Most of the others are complete or close to it. The hardest books to locate...by far were the love type comics and westerns. Try finding a My Own Romance #75...that book haunted me....or a Linda Carter Student Nurse #5. Most of the bronze comics I tried and stay about fine or above too VF or NM. The silver stuff I tried to stay at VG to F with really good eye appeal. Some of the comics came in below and above that. The love type comics I bought what I could find. Sometimes those ended up looking beat. Again it's something I have worked on my whole life. It's really nice to finish something I never thought I would be able to complete. Here are some group pictures I took of some of the keys and other books I liked.

2012-08-03112649.jpg[/img]

2012-08-02124419.jpg[/img]

2012-07-29202243.jpg[/img]

2012-05-29180813.jpg[/img]

DSCF1776.jpg[/img]