• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stickers on Slabs

15 posts in this topic

I would use GooGone... that stuff does a good job of getting sticker residue off... Ronsonol lighter fluid would also work really well... You just should be careful not to get any liquid inside the slab

+1 on both of these. Those pesky stickers that Clink (and others) put on the slabs really tick me off. Googone is my preferred method.

I would use GooGone... that stuff does a good job of getting sticker residue off... Ronsonol lighter fluid would also work really well... You just should be careful not to get any liquid inside the slab

Does GooGone go bad?

I tried removing one of those pesky Clientlink stickers with it and the thing just wasn't coming off. Against my better judgement I even let it soak on the plastic for like 10 minutes and it still barely removed any.

GooGone should not eat plastic.

Goof Off, which a lot of people confuse with GooGone - will eat plastic.

When it comes to sticker removal, I use rubbing alcohol on everything (and have for about 20 years) - and always have good luck. Depending on the kind of sticker, it will require you to be patient and use lots of alcohol.

Do I ever dislike stickers! I have always been too afraid to use a chemical. Because of this, my answer has included using a white eraser. This often requires using the eraser on the plastic multiple times (and also using up a lot of eraser too). However, it takes away all the glue in the end. Please note that I don't know if this is the best option though. For instance, I have never talked to anyone about this option yet.

I also dislike the stickers. I just got six slabbed books from ComicLink. Their stickers seem to be especially hard to remove (at least this time). I usually peel off what I can and use masking tape to remove the rest. But this time it was so bad I had to use Sol-U-Mel. It does the job and doesn't hurt the plastic.

Mike