• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnaround Times Update

33 posts in this topic

So is the reason that fast track tiers seem to have all of a sudden fallen behind by quiet a bit to cutdown on the other tiers that were taking half a year to get turnarounds done on them?

I just don't get how certain tiers all of a sudden have been cut in half then when people are paying an extra $10 to get a decent turnaround time these all of a sudden are taken twice as long as before to be graded.

Or they've graded so many books recently, they aren't capable of encapsulating in a timely manner, resulting in a delay at the QC stage.

(shrug)

:ohnoez:

So is the reason that fast track tiers seem to have all of a sudden fallen behind by quiet a bit to cutdown on the other tiers that were taking half a year to get turnarounds done on them?

I just don't get how certain tiers all of a sudden have been cut in half then when people are paying an extra $10 to get a decent turnaround time these all of a sudden are taken twice as long as before to be graded.

Or they've graded so many books recently, they aren't capable of encapsulating in a timely manner, resulting in a delay at the QC stage.

(shrug)

This. It's been more than three weeks on my most recent fast track submission. The books have been sitting in "grading/quality control" status for almost a week now. :P

(shrug)

This. It's been more than three weeks on my most recent fast track submission. The books have been sitting in "grading/quality control" status for almost a week now. :P

Same boat.

(shrug)

Then it is time to pony up some of the money from all the fast tracks that are just sitting around waiting to be encapsulated and spend that money on more equipment to get the job done.

(shrug)

Then it is time to pony up some of the money from all the fast tracks that are just sitting around waiting to be encapsulated and spend that money on more equipment to get the job done.

^^

THANKS CGC...I can testify there's a HUGE improval in turnaround times:

I sent to CGC 90 books in the last months and these are the actual turnaround times for MODERN TIER :

Shipment n.1 : 112 working days – received by CGC on 11/13/2012

Shipment n.2 : 61 working days – received by CGC on 01/24/2013

Shipment n.3 : 62 working days – received by CGC on 01/24/2013

FEDERICO

CGC Turnaround Times Update

The CGC team has been working diligently to reduce our turnaround times. We have made significant improvements in the Economy and Values tiers. The Economy and Value tier has been reduced from 120 days to 59, a 50% improvement. We are making great strides in the Modern tier and Fast Track tiers, and you will notice a significant improvement over the next couple of weeks as we target the problem areas and move books out the door back to you.

As many of you have noticed, the Graders have made a huge improvement in the turnaround times, and as we move forward, the other levels of our process will follow. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we sort through our backlog and get things back on track. Our crew here is working double shifts in order to make these changes and get things back to our level of standards. It’s a difficult balance to improve output without sacrificing the quality of service that CGC is known for. But we are fully confident in our process and couldn’t be prouder of the hard working team that we have. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at hpatel@collectiblesgroup.com. Again, we want to thank you for your patience and support during this busy period.

Here we are again, in the same situation. Recent ToT misses make it worth re-awakening this thread

Smiley