• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #3 8.5, ASM #20 CGC 9.4, ASM 29 CGC 9.6, ASM 34 CGC 9.6

27 posts in this topic

I'll be listing a couple of very special books for my buddy in the U.S.A. so if you live there too then domestic shipping rates will apply.

The usual rules apply.

:takeit: wins over pm's.

No probies or trolls need apply

Fantastic Four #3 CGC 8.5 - $6000

The offered item is a gorgeous, stand out example of this early and important key issue from the Fantastic Four run. CGC's recent shift to tougher grading standards gives the buyer a rare opportunity to acquire an 8.5 with the eye appeal and structure of a copy in the 9.0s. The Cream to Off-White Page Quality designation is almost contradicted with the fresh, bright look of the front and back cover and this copy has the prerequisite gamut of unblemished blues that true aficionados require in their prized examples. Add drop dead perfect centering to the mix with no date stamps or writing of any kind and you have a winner that will stand the test of time.

ff385100_zpsdca2bac9.jpg

ff385bc_zpsfc588c8a.jpg

ASM #20 CGC 9.4 OWW - $3000

This is another strictly and recently graded example and appears very strong for its assigned CGC grade. The spine is immaculate with virtually no defects to speak of. Amazing centering adds to the appeal. Take a look at the front and back cover scans and see for yourselves!

asm20_cgc9-4_front_zps8f52f0da.jpg

asm20_cgc9-4_back_zpsf8af8949.jpg

This is another strictly and recently graded example and appears very strong for its assigned CGC grade. The spine is immaculate with virtually no defects to speak of. Amazing centering adds to the appeal. Take a look at the front and back cover scans and see for yourselves!

nice. Looks 9.6 structurally. Maybe the slight discolored area lower spine BC was the reason or misaligned staples?

nice. Looks 9.6 structurally. Maybe the slight discolored area lower spine BC was the reason or misaligned staples?

Beautiful book! :headbang:

That scorpion pair has my jaw on the floor. So gorgeous.glwts

I don't know why but when I had these as a kid it was the two scorpion issues that were my favorites - maybe because he was so evidently stronger than Spidey who still found ways to beat him. And that swinging tail brought the best out of Ditko, who was never more inventive. I always thought that Spidey's slugfests with most of his adversaries after this became a bit predictable.

This is crazy nice for a 9.4. Looks like a 9.8 from the front.

That scorpion pair has my jaw on the floor. So gorgeous.glwts

I don't know why but when I had these as a kid it was the two scorpion issues that were my favorites - maybe because he was so evidently stronger than Spidey who still found ways to beat him. And that swinging tail brought the best out of Ditko, who was never more inventive. I always thought that Spidey's slugfests with most of his adversaries after this became a bit predictable. [/quote

It was always my favorite as well. I still have memories of reading my Marvel Tales 168 and being inthralled. I had a 20 and 29 but had to recently sell them. They were not even CLOSE to the quality of yours though. If you could drop a zero off the price of the 29 I would gladly take it off your hands :roflmao:

This is crazy nice for a 9.4. Looks like a 9.8 from the front.

I've been hearing that CGC is really putting down the hammer on Silver Age books recently after a slack period, so every chance this would have gotten a 9.6 on a different day. It is certainly a strong 9.4 judging by the scan.

The offered item is a gorgeous, stand out example of this early and important key issue from the Fantastic Four run. CGC's recent shift to tougher grading standards gives the buyer a rare opportunity to acquire an 8.5 with the eye appeal and structure of a copy in the 9.0s. The Cream to Off-White Page Quality designation is almost contradicted with the fresh, bright look of the front and back cover and this copy has the prerequisite gamut of unblemished blues that true aficionados require in their prized examples. Add drop dead perfect centering to the mix with no date stamps or writing of any kind and you have a winner that will stand the test of time.

ff385100_zpsdca2bac9.jpg

ff385bc_zpsfc588c8a.jpg

(worship) By far one of my favorite FF covers. Human Torch with two left hands!

ff385100_zpsdca2bac9.jpg

ff385bc_zpsfc588c8a.jpg

(worship) By far one of my favorite FF covers. Human Torch with two left hands!

Just like me! I wonder... :idea:

"FLAME ON!"

..nope, didn't work. :cry: