• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orc stain

18 posts in this topic

I hear it's not only back but it's gonna have a nice healthy unlimited run. WHich is ALL kinds of awesome!!!

now, it happens that I own two different kinds of ork stain #1 ( not a reprint ). One has glossy inner pages and the other has mat pages....so anyone know what's going on here....

That's good to hear, I'm a big fan of Stokoe's work, but not so much the Godzilla comic he was doing. I have not heard anything on different printings of #1 (other than the Image firsts printing)?

Returning to print after a six month (?) hiatus is not cause for speculation. And since I don't really see this ever being adapted into another media (I will happily eat my words), I don't see speculators grabbing onto this until 100 issues in when everybody realizes how awesome it is.

I could definatly see a small uptick in prices with a new ongoing., it's a great book with a crazy print run, But these days, without a movie/show attached, or Bunn or Kirkman attached... it's more like " meh " to the people that would " create " a large price jump.

I don't know whether it's because he's local, but there seems to be quite a number of people into his stuff... I know that if I were to sell a #1 ( all signed with cool doodles ). I'd be asking 30 bucks and get it too, probably my first week....

I saw him at fanexpo and he sold out of his orc stain back issues...

I'm just interested in this mid-production change of print from the mat 'paper' to the shinny paper. Will this become a thing? unintentional variant....

I picked up 4x #1 yesterday at my LCS, but im in Anchorage Alaska, and i think i'm the only comic collector in the state. The LCS in questions is more of a toy shop that orders at least 15 copies or more of EVERYTHING just to get dealer prices on the toys he collects. Finding any book pre 1999 is impossible here, but multiple full runs of everything independent and hot, is on lockdown.

I met up with him at fanexpo....Broke down and had to buy a piece...it was a birthday present from my mom....

Seriously a nice guy, signed all my stuff with doodles ( fair warning his ink smears if you put it in plastic ) he had a bunch of back issues with him....he took me aside for a second and told me that these were the ones with the glossy paper....Apparently it was first printed with matte paper....

he also told me that it's starting back up ( am I saying too much ?) and will run for a while...

Talking with people around here, this seems on everyone's list of favorites....

check ebay it sells consistently at about 20-25 dollars a copy....