• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo Comic Con - April 2013

58 posts in this topic

I went to the Buffalo Comic Con for a few hours yesterday and picked up a small stack of books from Dave Kapelka and his wife Gayle, a few from George Geis and Craig (last name?) from Pittsburgh. I bought this little beauty from Craig seen here at the top of my stack:

f75a5501-59cb-4d19-ab22-b14d1f770693_zpsc03f4d7d.jpg

a1933d9c-7bb6-49c2-a67b-7b4fb872ab07_zps8d3643f5.jpg

Never have a problem finding books from Kapelka's table, including these high-grade DD's:

aa6d672e-c411-4599-88ca-26d704e7f14e_zps9fea4f58.jpg

1786697d-8fcb-4953-bf4e-ff4b32adca06_zps4d293e75.jpg

One of my favourite books. I picked up another one for the hoard:

3af5681c-ed27-45bb-97d7-bbf399a3e20e_zps733dc88d.jpg

Picked up some other junk too. Always enjoy the trips to Buffalo.

Thanks for looking...

Post-show beers and wings with SolitaireOne.

Mmmmm! Wings and beer in Buffalo, only thing better than that is if the Bills were on the T.V. :cloud9:

lol

It's hard to eat with a bag over your head.

Go eat a jelly donut ay! They'll come back victorious someday.

They won't will they? :sorry:

Which dealer had all the CGC Books? May be worth a visit if it is a local Buffalo dealer when I go to my annual Bills game(s) this year.

A local collector named Norm. Was the first time I had seen him set up at a show.

Which dealer had all the CGC Books? May be worth a visit if it is a local Buffalo dealer when I go to my annual Bills game(s) this year.

A local collector named Norm. Was the first time I had seen him set up at a show.

hm

I wonder how many Norm's are in the Buffalo phone book?

hm

Norm used to own a comic shop in the Buffalo area years ago. He cloesed down about 7 to 10 years ago. He told me that this was some of the stuff that he collected over the years. He claims he has boxes full of SA and BA books.

This always looks like a good show, lots of nice looking books but not many punters, just the way I like it.

So! What did you buy this time? :popcorn:

I was set up at the show and did alright. I saw a Cap 20 that i was interested in for $600 but the spine was destroyed and the staples were reinforced so I passed, I also saw a Suspense 12 for $500 that looked like a nice VG plus, but after closer examination I noticed that the cover had been re-stapled on. I usually buy a few bigger books at these shows. This time I didn't purchase any books. I did buy three OA pages from a guy set up next to me.

hm

Norm used to own a comic shop in the Buffalo area years ago. He cloesed down about 7 to 10 years ago. He told me that this was some of the stuff that he collected over the years. He claims he has boxes full of SA and BA books.

If the shop was Fantasy World then I know Norm - he was my LCS for years...held my books for 2-3 months at a time when I was a whole lot less interested in the hobby...he also chased down a couple runs for me.

hm

If the shop was Fantasy World then I know Norm - he was my LCS for years...held my books for 2-3 months at a time when I was a whole lot less interested in the hobby...he also chased down a couple runs for me.

Yeah thats him. He has been in and out of the comic scene for the last few years.