• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #76 -- SOLD!!!

23 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight: A few BA keys, a somewhat scarce coverless GA book, and a cheapie lot of decent BA Marvels, including some early direct market "diamond" copies…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TERMS:

:takeit: rules.

SHIPPING: Domestic US shipping is FREE via insured USPS Priority Mail. Sorry -- no international shipping.

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is strongly preferred, and payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date unless we've made other arrangements.

Lots of happy customers here on the Boards -- check my feedback thread for details:

My feedback thread

First items will be up in a few…thanks for looking!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marvel Premiere #47: First new (i.e., Bronze Age) Ant-Man (Scott Lang) with art by Byrne and Layton. "15" written in black ink on front cover, and there's a long vertical reading (subscription?) crease; used book store stamp on back cover. VG+.

$30 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

PRICE REDUCED: $25 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail. SOLD!!!

Marvel-Premiere47-a.jpg

Marvel-Premiere47-b.jpg

Bronze Age Marvel Comics lot: You get 31 Fine-or-better BA Marvels, plus 10 early Direct Market (Diamond) Marvels in the VG-to-VF range.

See below for lot pics and scans of a few representative books -- there are some nice copies in this lot!

-------------------------------------------

Lot includes the following:

Champions 11, 12

Defenders 45, 59, 62, 83

FF 187, 209, 217 (2 copies), 221, 229, 230

Hulk 208

Invaders 13 (2 copies), 16

Ka-Zar 5, 6

Marvel Premiere 52

Marvel Tales 76

Marvel Two-in-One 47, 58, 59, 60, 64

Ms. Marvel 4, 5, 7, 8

Super-Villain Team-Up 13

Direct Market (Diamond) Marvels

Conan 77

Defenders 48, 93

FF 184, 185, 208, 209

Hulk 222 (awesome story and art by Starlin!), 237

Thor 261

41 comics total.

NOTE: I will include 10 additional random BA Marvels with this lot (no duplication) -- that's 51 comics total for the same price...

$50 shipped and insured via USPS boxed Priority Mail.

SOLD!!!

BA-Marvel-lot-a.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-b.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-c.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-d.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-e.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-f.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-g.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-h.jpg

The Spirit #22: Coverless but otherwise complete. Tough-to-find final issue of the Quality title from August of 1950 -- I was collecting lower grade Quality titles heavily back in the '90s, and this one was NOT easy to score!

The classic, dagger-wielding "Skinny Bones" cover (Skinny was modeled after Bogey's main squeeze, Lauren Bacall -- look it up!) is missing, of course, but this is still the same book which, according to Bob Overstreet, was cited by the New York State Legislative Commission during one of several comics "witch hunts" of the '50s era. Fortunately, the interior panel by Eisner which inspired his cover image is still in-tact (see the pic below). Good girl art? Yeah…kinda, and from one of the guys who helped to invent it!!!

A cool and relatively scarce book in any grade, and even cooler if you happen to have a spare cover hanging around!!! :)

$50 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

SOLD!!!

Spirit22-a.jpg

Spirit22-b.jpg

The Spirit #22: Coverless but otherwise complete. Tough-to-find final issue of the Quality title from August of 1950 -- I was collecting lower grade Quality titles heavily back in the '90s, and this one was NOT easy to score!

The classic, dagger-wielding "Skinny Bones" cover (Skinny was modeled after Bogey's main squeeze, Lauren Bacall -- look it up!) is missing, of course, but this is still the same book which, according to Bob Overstreet, was cited by the New York State Legislative Commission during one of several comics "witch hunts" of the '50s era. Fortunately, the interior panel by Eisner which inspired his cover image is still in-tact (see the pic below). Good girl art? Yeah…kinda, and from one of the guys who helped to invent it!!!

A cool and relatively scarce book in any grade, and even cooler if you happen to have a spare cover hanging around!!! :)

$50 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

Spirit22-a.jpg

Spirit22-b.jpg

:takeit:

Green Lantern #76: VG/Fine. Bright cover colors and good gloss. Interior paper is OW or better. Some staple rust (see pic). Overall, a very solid, respectable, unrestored copy which looks fantastic in the Mylar.

This one has been in my collection a long time, but I recently "downgraded" it with a lower grade copy which better suits my needs as a reader, so I'm letting this one go.

$300 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

$265 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

PRICE REDUCED: $250 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

Green-Lantern76-a.jpg

Green-Lantern76-b.jpg

Green-Lantern76-c.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/22 UPDATE: Price reductions, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prices for the Marvel Premiere 47 and GL 76 have been reduced. I have also increased the number of comics in the BA Marvel Lot:

Marvel Premiere #47 -- PRICE REDUCED! Now $25 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail. SOLD!!!

Bronze Age Marvel Comics lot -- BOOKS ADDED! I will include 10 additional random BA Marvels with this lot (no duplication) -- that's 51 comics total for the same price: $50 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail. SOLD!!!

Green Lantern #76 -- PRICE REDUCED! Now $265 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

Bronze Age Marvel Comics lot: You get 31 Fine-or-better BA Marvels, plus 10 early Direct Market (Diamond) Marvels in the VG-to-VF range.

See below for lot pics and scans of a few representative books -- there are some nice copies in this lot!

Champions 11, 12

Defenders 45, 59, 62, 83

Hulk 208

Ka-Zar 5, 6

Marvel Premiere 52

Marvel Tales 76

Ms. Marvel 4, 5, 7, 8

Super-Villain Team-Up 13

Conan 77

Defenders 48, 93

FF 184, 185, 208, 209

Thor 261

41 comics total.

NOTE: I will include 10 additional random BA Marvels with this lot (no duplication) -- that's 51 comics total for the same price...

BA-Marvel-lot-a.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-b.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-c.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-d.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-e.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-f.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-g.jpg

BA-Marvel-lot-h.jpg

With the ten extra books, :takeit:

Champions 11, 12

Defenders 45, 59, 62, 83

Hulk 208

Ka-Zar 5, 6

Marvel Premiere 52

Marvel Tales 76

Ms. Marvel 4, 5, 7, 8

Super-Villain Team-Up 13

Conan 77

Defenders 48, 93

FF 184, 185, 208, 209

Thor 261

41 comics total.

With the ten extra books, :takeit:

(thumbs u You got 'em, thanks!

Marvel Premiere #47: First new (i.e., Bronze Age) Ant-Man (Scott Lang) with art by Byrne and Layton. "15" written in black ink on front cover, and there's a long vertical reading (subscription?) crease; used book store stamp on back cover. VG+.

PRICE REDUCED: $25 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

Marvel-Premiere47-a.jpg

Marvel-Premiere47-b.jpg

:takeit::kidaround:

PRICE REDUCED: $25 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

:takeit::kidaround:

All yours, thanks again!

Green Lantern #76: VG/Fine. Bright cover colors and good gloss. Interior paper is OW or better. Some staple rust (see pic). Overall, a very solid, respectable, unrestored copy which looks fantastic in the Mylar.

This one has been in my collection a long time, but I recently "downgraded" it with a lower grade copy which better suits my needs as a reader, so I'm letting this one go.

PRICE REDUCED: $265 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

Green-Lantern76-a.jpg

Green-Lantern76-b.jpg

Green-Lantern76-c.jpg

Why must you tempt me so!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/23 UPDATE: GL 76 -- price reduced again! Hit the new BIN of $250

and I'll include a reading copy of a different Adams GL at no additional cost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$265 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

PRICE REDUCED: $250 shipped and insured in the US via USPS Priority Mail.

Green-Lantern76-a.jpg

Green-Lantern76-b.jpg

Green-Lantern76-c.jpg

Okay...FINAL price reduction on the GL #76 -- it's now $200 shipped and insured in the US.

I can also provide more pictures of the staples/centerfold if necessary. The rust is fairly minor with minimal migration, and hasn't got any worse during the long time that this book has been in my possession...