• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 10,000th post is upcoming...what should it contain???

317 posts in this topic

Pictures of the 8 storage facilities filled with SA books.

Surrounded by naked celebrities.

Not including Kathy Bates.

And CAL in an Iron Man suit forged from Trophies from poker.

Someone close to me has made a career out of tournament poker. I'm not talking about the underground back room games. I am talking the real deal. I tend to notice that despite the fact that one can instantly find out how good he is online by the tourney results, he rarely if at all talks about his craft. He lets his skill speak for him rather than his words.

Just saying...

"Performance Artist?"

lol

:screwy:

"Okay, look. Here's my Act; I'm going to go on the Innernets and craft a persona so annoying, so condescending and so full of itself that it will case the vast majority of people who come across it to immediately be filled with revulsion and annoyance. I'm hoping to test the limits of peoples' ability to withstand hubris. I have found the perfect test group, too. Comic book collectors! What a perfect cohort of calm, introspective and welcoming people upon which to craft my Art!

Oh, and I'll sign every post in the third person, because if life has taught me anything, it's that people LOVE it when one talks in the third person."

You don't go into the Water Cooler much do you?

lol

+10,000

:grin:

Someone close to me has made a career out of tournament poker. I'm not talking about the underground back room games. I am talking the real deal. I tend to notice that despite the fact that one can instantly find out how good he is online by the tourney results, he rarely if at all talks about his craft. He lets his skill speak for him rather than his words.

Just saying...

I rarely play in Tournaments, so I don't have a clue where this implication is from. I do have a few first places from back in the day, when I had more time and it was beneficial for me to take my "shots". These days I am a limit poker player, cash games only. I have not been invited to private games in years. There is a reason for that.

CAL has many ways to get coin...

Perhaps a pic with the IM/SM collection, where you are hidden amongst it some where. Kind of like E.T. in the closet with stuffed animals thing.... yeeaaah. Or in the spirit of Earth Day, try to determine how many trees were used to make said collection of IM/SM.

Keep on Keepin' on CAL, cheers to 10k more posts. I'll be lucky to hit 500.

Spidey, who observes on the fringe.

Just saying...

I rarely play in Tournaments, so I don't have a clue where this implication is from. I do have a few first places from back in the day, when I had more time and it was beneficial for me to take my "shots". These days I am a limit poker player, cash games only. I have not been invited to private games in years. There is a reason for that.

CAL has many ways to get coin...

Hmmmm, I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason you haven't been invited to private games in years isn't the reason you think it is! :roflmao:

Whatever Cal's 10,000th post is, it will not be something that hasn't been done before.

Please...NO THREADCRAPPING!

If you can't get in the spirit of this CGC Forum, don't post. I WILL hit the Mod button.

I deliberately kept my post count down after being here over ten years. I could have 100,000 if I chose to, but felt that it was unnecessary and not in the best interest of the Board to "hot dog" it like a juvenile. Plus it would look like that I had too much time on my hands, which I don't.

So should I post something like a Summary of who is who here? Or anywhere else?

How about a scan or two of my "pets"? Would that be appropriate?

Something fun, or serious.

CAL who hopes for the best only...not the worst...

Buzzetta has the right idea.

PM me Cal if you need help with this.

JL

It would start

"dice, I like to throw them, not go on the CGC boards and talk to them because they make memes about cal

Oh oh oh oh

But I'm sure hes a good guy oh oh oh oh

I wouldn't know

oh oh oh oh

because I bring swaggar

oh oh oh oh

on the CGC boardssssss"