• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

4) I HATED the ending with Pepper

But she's wearing YOGA PANTS!!! (shrug)

That was the only saving grace :cloud9:

For a mom who's had two kids those abs are insane!

If those weren't CGI she might just be a super hero.

This is from 2011 and after two kids when she was 38:

Gwyneth-Paltrow-bikini-3.jpg

Easy to do when you don't have a day job, have a personal trainer and all your meals prepared. (thumbs u

Not really. Still takes a lot of work and good genes.

There are PLENTY of other stars much younger than her that cant hold a candle to that body :luhv:

Easy to do when you don't have a day job, have a personal trainer and all your meals prepared. (thumbs u

To call it "easy" is to gloss over quite a bit, but I would call it understandable since it's her job to look good on screen. I'm not much of a fan of her since I prefer something closer to the hourglass shape, but I can certainly appreciate the work it takes to be that cut.

To call it "easy" is to gloss over quite a bit, but I would call it understandable since it's her job to look good on screen. I'm not much of a fan of her since I prefer something closer to the hourglass shape, but I can certainly appreciate the work it takes to be that cut.

If I didn't have a day job I'd have a six pack. Once I finish work I can't be bothered to hit the gym, hence why I'm fat.

I think Paltrow is a good looking woman but I wouldn't go over board.

I walked past her at 1st class check-in at Heathrow and she wasn't all that to be honest.

If I didn't have a day job I'd have a six pack.

I'd just go for a case so I could make less trips to the store.

If I didn't have a day job I'd have a six pack. Once I finish work I can't be bothered to hit the gym, hence why I'm fat.

I walked past her at 1st class check-in at Heathrow and she wasn't all that to be honest.

I dont know man. I was never a big Paltrow fan until the last few years but shes looking pretty insane in that pic! Its possible theres is some photoshop/airbrushing going on there but it doesnt look like it.

If i saw that on the beach, there is NO possible way i would walk past that without a very, VERY long gawking episode :cloud9:

If i saw that on the beach, there is NO possible way i would walk past that without a very, VERY long gawking episode :cloud9:

+1

That is, unless something better walked by. :luhv:

Kelly_Brook_On_The_Beach_In_Barbados..jpg

I might go see this again on Sunday just so I watch it knowing everything that happens and have a fresh view of it.

People complained that Bruce Wayne was not in the Batman suit until at least 35-40 minutes into DKR? Well how many minutes is Tony Stark IN the Iron Man suit?

I liked Stark jumping in and out of the suits at the end, was kind of cool, however…. Talk about inconsistency, the Iron Man suit that went toe-to-toe with Thor in the Avengers seems to just fall to bits any time it’s touched.

Anyway those are nitpicks of what is a popcorn flick. The Mandarin twist still SUCKED and to be honest if it was played straight, the Mandarin being the main villain all the way through, the way Kingsley played him, we would have a much better Iron Man movie then what was produced in the end.

Please do not go see this again. The message needs to be this movie is terrible, please make better movies. Dollars generated equal success in Hollywood, and that is the problem.

We do not need to see flying pieces of apparently extremely brittle armor ramming into Tony's crotch. Haha that was so funny...NOT, it is extremely cheesy.

We do not need to see fan boy TV guy that has Tony's face tatoo'd to his arm. Funny not. CUT that entire scene from this film.

We want ONE suit in the movie. Just one not 50. I also want to see the Iron Man that waltzed into the middle east to clean house in IM 1, or the Iron Man that took on the Mighty Thor and gave as good as he got in the Avengers. I do NOT want to see Tony "Macguiver" Stark infiltrate a compound that is well guarded.

Nor do We want to see every single person in the movie wearing the suit or a suit. Next Spider-man movie lets have the villain, his best friend, Jonah Jameson and Mary Jane and Aunt May all wear the Spidey costume. Sound ridiculous? Count the number of people that wear an Iron Man suit in IM3. It is ridiculous.

I might go see this again on Sunday just so I watch it knowing everything that happens and have a fresh view of it.

People complained that Bruce Wayne was not in the Batman suit until at least 35-40 minutes into DKR? Well how many minutes is Tony Stark IN the Iron Man suit?

I liked Stark jumping in and out of the suits at the end, was kind of cool, however…. Talk about inconsistency, the Iron Man suit that went toe-to-toe with Thor in the Avengers seems to just fall to bits any time it’s touched.

Anyway those are nitpicks of what is a popcorn flick. The Mandarin twist still SUCKED and to be honest if it was played straight, the Mandarin being the main villain all the way through, the way Kingsley played him, we would have a much better Iron Man movie then what was produced in the end.

Please do not go see this again. The message needs to be this movie is terrible, please make better movies. Dollars generated equal success in Hollywood, and that is the problem.

We do not need to see flying pieces of apparently extremely brittle armor ramming into Tony's crotch. Haha that was so funny...NOT, it is extremely cheesy.

We do not need to see fan boy TV guy that has Tony's face tatoo'd to his arm. Funny not. CUT that entire scene from this film.

We want ONE suit in the movie. Just one not 50. I also want to see the Iron Man that waltzed into the middle east to clean house in IM 1, or the Iron Man that took on the Mighty Thor and gave as good as he got in the Avengers. I do NOT want to see Tony "Macguiver" Stark infiltrate a compound that is well guarded.

Nor do We want to see every single person in the movie wearing the suit or a suit. Next Spider-man movie lets have the villain, his best friend, Jonah Jameson and Mary Jane and Aunt May all wear the Spidey costume. Sound ridiculous? Count the number of people that wear an Iron Man suit in IM3. It is ridiculous.

A little late for that. It's already made a profit of about $600M.

I wish that things I did that people thought sucked made $600M.

A little late for that. It's already made a profit of about $600M.

I wish that things I did that people thought sucked made $600M.

I'm surprised people walked into the cinema with expectations. Why? This is the second sequel, and you know Hollywood will stick to the formula, which by now is wearing thin. The writer and director were presumably given a remit to keep it light, inoffensive and resemble the previous two films in most respects.

In the end the film was as slick as ever, but anyone helming the project with even an ounce of ability and nous could've put something together to gain the required box office.

And as for attempting to copy Nolan - no.

I had high expectations because i kept hearing how it was going to be SOOOOOO much better than IM2. I'm in the minority and actually liked IM2. I didnt think IM3 was even close to 2 much less the 1st.

I didnt pay $18 to see Tony Stark make a taser glove at Home Depot meh

:roflmao:

That was meant to show how resourceful Stark was...it wasn't too bad....

The guy built the freaking Iron Man suits, we know he's resourceful! I wouldn't pay $18 to go see a MacGuyver movie. I wanna pay $18 to see Iron Man kicking .

Maybe he should have used that time figuring out a way to make the damn armors actually work and not keep falling apart instead of building weapons out of from Home Depot meh

And dont even get me started on the "bonus" scene! To call that worthless would be an insult to the runniest, smelliest in history! :facepalm:

The guy built the freaking Iron Man suits, we know he's resourceful! I wouldn't pay $18 to go see a MacGuyver movie. I wanna pay $18 to see Iron Man kicking .

Maybe he should have used that time figuring out a way to make the damn armors actually work and not keep falling apart instead of building weapons out of from Home Depot meh

And dont even get me started on the "bonus" scene! To call that worthless would be an insult to the runniest, smelliest in history! :facepalm:

So what did you really think?

:roflmao:

(shrug)

Iron Man 3 is much better than 2. Not even close...and the sales prove it.

3 might not appeal to all the comic fans but the general public is eating it up. As a fan of the comic and our hobby, I can't be happier with it's success.

The two top grossing movies of all time have iron man in them...I never thought that was even possible.

There is so much to be happy about as a fan. hm

So what did you really think?

lol

Personally, i was SUPREMELY disappointed. I'm not saying it was a horrible movie but it didnt even come close to my expectations. It was definitely watchable and i'll watch it again on tv but i definitely wouldnt bother to buy the DVD. For me, it was BY FAR the worst of the 3 movies.

Oh, and i REALLY liked the billion dollar fireworks show he put on for Pepper at the end also :facepalm:

Iron Man 3 is much better than 2. Not even close...and the sales prove it.

3 might not appeal to all the comic fans but the general public is eating it up. As a fan of the comic and our hobby, I can't be happier with it's success.

The two top grossing movies of all time have iron man in them...I never thought that was even possible.

There is so much to be happy about as a fan. hm

Iron Man was in the Titanic and Avatar? :o