• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 Blue 1.5 on ComicConnect next month...any guesses as to the sale price?

132 posts in this topic

Here are the images. Save copies when you can:

actionfront_lg.jpg

actionback_lg.jpg

WOW Matt really did an unbelievable job on that book! Anyone else think 1.5 might be a little generous though? It certainly has the eye appeal of a 1.5, but looking at the before pics, that tear not only goes across the entire back cover but it looks like it goes through quite a few of the interior pages. The eye appeal is much better now but the book is still practically torn in half!

Here are the images. Save copies when you can:

actionfront_lg.jpg

actionback_lg.jpg

WOW Matt really did an unbelievable job on that book! Anyone else think 1.5 might be a little generous though? It certainly has the eye appeal of a 1.5, but looking at the before pics, that tear not only goes across the entire back cover but it looks like it goes through quite a few of the interior pages. The eye appeal is much better now but the book is still practically torn in half!

The seller is fortunate that the tear is on the BC and not the FC. Wonder if it still would have gotten a 1.5 if that was reversed.

I think this Action 1 will do very well and would not be surprised to see it closer to 200k in the end. This one will always be known as "the one someone stuffed into the wall for insulation" book. I really like that kind of "provenance" and would pay a little more if I had the liquid scratch right now.

$200K for a book that has tons of tape on it, maybe, but is it wise? What happens to its value when CGC officially begins to frown on tape [or has that happened already?] and will it be put in a PLOD a couple years from now when its reholdered?

Where is the tape? Nothing on the label about any tape. Apparently the book was just pressed, and that is stated in the CC auction listing.

$200K for a book that has tons of tape on it, maybe, but is it wise? What happens to its value when CGC officially begins to frown on tape [or has that happened already?] and will it be put in a PLOD a couple years from now when its reholdered?

Where is the tape? Nothing on the label about any tape. Apparently the book was just pressed, and that is stated in the CC auction listing.

The book had a lot of work done to it. The description of the work done was in a CGC newsletter, but consensus is a big dealer or comicconnect forced its removal. And then a removal of a thread on here discussing the work done to the book. The before and after photos I provided is all that was left of the article they yanked. If my memory serves me correctly it did not say anything about tape, but was a lengthy article what they did (seemed like a case study to promote their new restoration service) it was much more than a simple press as in comicconnect's description. But there was mention of interior pages that were also ripped but they aren't on commicconnect's description nor the cgc label. I wouldn't want to crack that slab.

Well my mistake but I sure wouldn't want to move that slab around too much as it might shift something ugly if there is no tape holding it together.

Well my mistake but I sure wouldn't want to move that slab around too much as it might shift something ugly if there is no tape holding it together.

Can't argue with that!