• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain

80 posts in this topic

I know nobody cares.

But this is where they are filming the tv-show - pretty cool that they're just calling the location "the strain"

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Etobicoke/The-Strain/100268895.html

That's awesome.

+1

You up there hobnobbing with the pretty people Jimmy ?

I know nobody cares.

But this is where they are filming the tv-show - pretty cool that they're just calling the location "the strain"

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Etobicoke/The-Strain/100268895.html

That's awesome.

+1

You up there hobnobbing with the pretty people Jimmy ?

I don't have the cahoonas to go. :sorry: - but yeah thats like 20 minutes away from me

Speaking of the Strain; does anyone know which is more valuable? The regular #1 or the variant #1?

Crazy question but the variant bud one sold from an amazing bordie today on ebay for a wopping $350 :applause:

Speaking of the Strain; does anyone know which is more valuable? The regular #1 or the variant #1?

Which one do you think is harder to find? Typically, not always, variants are a limited number based off the standard cover.

Which one do you think is harder to find? Typically, not always, variants are a limited number based off the standard cover.

For roughly every five regular #1s, there is one variant (1 to 5 ratio).

The variants are harder to find and should be valued at ~15% more than the regular cover.

Despite the low print count, do not expect the prices to be as high as Chew in large part because it started out as a novel first. That said, I think a reasonable price for the variant CGC 9.8 blue label is $250 on the boards & $300 on eBay.

Yellows (SS) should go for more because I do not see many signatures by Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan.

The variants are harder to find and should be valued at ~15% more than the regular cover.

Despite the low print count, do not expect the prices to be as high as Chew in large part because it started out as a novel first. That said, I think a reasonable price for the variant CGC 9.8 blue label is $250 on the boards & $300 on eBay.

Yellows (SS) should go for more because I do not see many signatures by Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan.

Being a novel first has nothing to do with the comic book realm, especially when talking about a TV show. These are two different types of collectors / speculators.

Being a novel first has nothing to do with the comic book realm, especially when talking about a TV show. These are two different types of collectors / speculators.

Different for sure. It's either speculators or I dunno some kind of trophy hunters ... or the cult of ebay (those people that buy a $65 variant when it is still being sold at source for half that price or less), people with followed searches for Panzerfaust, Strain, Walking Dead TV Show, Preacher... or just ... just ... collectors, not even comic book collectors, just collectors... just people who simply punch their keyboard until something they feel like buying appears on the screen?

I mean if you ask anyone who has read it....

Different for sure. It's either speculators or I dunno some kind of trophy hunters ... or the cult of ebay (those people that buy a $65 variant when it is still being sold at source for half that price or less), people with followed searches for Panzerfaust, Strain, Walking Dead TV Show, Preacher... or just ... just ... collectors, not even comic book collectors, just collectors... just people who simply punch their keyboard until something they feel like buying appears on the screen?

I've only read the 1st 2 issues but so far so good. I was eating breakfast this morning and my daughter walked by and grabbed my iPad. The Strain was still pulled up and she looked at it and turns around and looks at me and say " Strain is a comic book like Arrow ? ". Haha, to us it is a known commodity but to her, its a TV show that she just learned started off as a book and then became a comic. (shrug)

I've only read the 1st 2 issues but so far so good. I was eating breakfast this morning and my daughter walked by and grabbed my iPad. The Strain was still pulled up and she looked at it and turns around and looks at me and say " Strain is a comic book like Arrow ? ". Haha, to us it is a known commodity but to her, its a TV show that she just learned started off as a book and then became a comic. (shrug)

Which is fair enough. I don't actually doubt its well written, just poking fun at the entire thread talking about buying and selling bar none. :baiting:

The Strain will do well based on the name recognition and author alone.

The comic popularity is justified and if the show is well received from its premier season I am sure we will see episodes from the comics.

The Strain will do well based on the name recognition and author alone.

The comic popularity is justified and if the show is well received from its premier season I am sure we will see episodes from the comics.

*shrug*

Just surprised it is doing so well... picking up any issues of #1 - #4 has been a gold mine.

Haha, I love those (impulse) buyers!

I read it (comic), felt it was rushed to finish. Need to read The Fall to see if it gets better again.