• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the Grading Contest..

105 posts in this topic

Or he just wants to be generous and give the rest of us a chance by taking a bye this round...

Actually, it's only a fault if you reply WITHIN the actual Contest Thread, like Redhook did, and as he didn't get disqualified, it's apparently open game there too as well.

This is a different thread guys, and grading joke/quips are allowed.

Actually, I'm a little surprised we are getting Grading Notes.

We didn't for the first round, but then we are.

One could argue that that allows those with the lead to maintain it and those of us (who shall be nameless) to never close the gap.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

You and every other team could have asked Nikos for the Graders notes in any round. Same with the AT #25, teams could have asked nikos about the cover wear, yet chose not to.

Oh, we did ask. We ask lots of questions.... some even about the comic in question.

I just feel like the rules are evolving as the rounds go on, and personally have ambivalent feelings about whether the grader's notes should be made available even if we ask.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I know what you are saying about the GN, as long as everyone either knows them or doesn't know them. Then all teams are even in that regard. There is always the possibility of something in the grader's notes that is not apparent in the scan that would downgrade the book.

As a captian I can only answer question 1 :

Everyone on the team has an input we all copy each other on emails and comments .

Putting in a grade that keeps the whole team happy in not easy , but so far we have gone with the consensus .

I do feel bad as captain when we don't hit the grade and I think everyone in my team feels just as bad .

Sink or swim we're in it together , I hope we will still have a team of 4 players at the end of the competition and no one decides to quit in anger .

There. I've been trying SO HARD to be nice... but you're being ridiculous.

There's no I in TEAM, and if we're going to compete against single players, then let's open it up that way.

NO BUT THERE IS A U IN STUPID !!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I have to tell ya I laughed out loud at work on that one.

i'm with you there, man............. thumbsup2.gif

i'm not sure how we could be any more of a team. we all guess, submit our grades, steve publishes all the guesses, and then has gone with the middle ground every time. there's a good deal of dialogue and give-and-take. i just can't understand JC's BS behavior on this issue. if (for example) steve or Fantasy were to overrule the guesses of their teams, then i'd understand his rancor, but that isn't happening.

and if steve decides to vote on his own highest or lowest grade guess, i'll blow-the-whistle.............(not that i'd personally mind if he were right) - but then it would fall into the category that JC seems to be thinking has already happened here.

didn't JC drop out of the last contest, cause some angst over "giving" his few points away and then seem to be around most of the contest, anyway??? 893frustrated.gif

[i just can't understand JC's BS behavior on this issue. if (for example) steve or Fantasy were to overrule the guesses of their teams, then i'd understand his rancor, but that isn't happening.

Of course it is, and a team came out flat and stated that Steve picks their grades himself, and the group agreed to it. Come on man, learn to read. makepoint.gif

It's my "pick Albert Pujols for my baseball team, then let him bat 9 times straight" example. Regardless of whether the other 8 players agreed to ride the pines, it's still not a "team effort".

Or he just wants to be generous and give the rest of us a chance by taking a bye this round...

Actually, it's only a fault if you reply WITHIN the actual Contest Thread, like Redhook did, and as he didn't get disqualified, it's apparently open game there too as well.

This is a different thread guys, and grading joke/quips are allowed.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

To clear this up a little. Alot of you have asked for graders notes, so I tries to accomidate, now I get if you post graders notes the team leading will have an advantage.

Alot of you have asked some pretty good questions regarding the books for every round, and I have tried to answer everyones question showing no favortism to any team.

Having the book in hand, sometimes I dont understand the grade given from what I see, so I call for notes to see what I have missed on the book, ie fingerprint dents, or damages interior, or browning interior covers.

At this point, something that is not obvious on the scan, I believe the notes should be given, to level the playing field for every team, with nothing to hide.

If its an obvious defect, I should not have to post notes, thats what you, as team, should be debating and deciding.

This contest should not be about individuals, at least thats the way it was set up. I think 4 adults on a team should be able to talk amongst each other and based on what they see come up with a pretty good grade. If certain team members decide to sit back and let 1 person come up with a grade, that team is defeating the purpose of this whole contest.

JC, grading as you have said is not rocket science, definately a pure art form. One person can view something one way, while another person sees something different, at which point you should discuss your point of views and come up with something concrete. I do believe thats the way the graders at CGC perform.

Hell I get questions about things thats on the book, which I completely missed having the book in hand, and that where the Team concept has the advantage.

Sorry for 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif but I figured I would throw my 2c .

[i just can't understand JC's BS behavior on this issue. if (for example) steve or Fantasy were to overrule the guesses of their teams, then i'd understand his rancor, but that isn't happening.

Of course it is, and a team came out flat and stated that Steve picks their grades himself, and the group agreed to it. Come on man, learn to read. makepoint.gif

It's my "pick Albert Pujols for my baseball team, then let him bat 9 times straight" example. Regardless of whether the other 8 players agreed to ride the pines, it's still not a "team effort".

So next time JC, instead of sitting on your fat asss and whining, introduce your own PERFECT GRADING CONTEST and see how easy it is. confused-smiley-013.gif Just a thought.

It must really suk to be you.

ok JC can we have YOU define "TEAM EFFORT" as it seems that not even webster's

works for YOU.(this should be good)

So next time JC, instead of sitting on your fat asss and whining, introduce your own PERFECT GRADING CONTEST and see how easy it is. confused-smiley-013.gif Just a thought.

At least I don't post my grade in the forum like some person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, and then get off on some "old insufficiently_thoughtful_person" clause. 27_laughing.gif

At least I don't post my grade in the forum like some person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, and then get off on some "old insufficiently_thoughtful_person" clause. 27_laughing.gif

Hey, insufficiently_thoughtful_person and person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point in the same post. You're making me feel special JC! cloud9.gif

Hey, insufficiently_thoughtful_person and person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point in the same post. You're making me feel special JC! cloud9.gif

Yep, and it's only a matter of time before you forget your medication, and start posting grades in the forum again.

I wonder what lameass excuse UV and Nikos will dream up to get you off the hook again. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't seen this many pu55ies crying since I was at the pound last week looking at dogs.

That joke sucked azz the first time around.

I thought you could relate to it more if I posted more then once more then once more then once more then once......