• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current Status of Movie/Television Shows Based on Comics.

65 posts in this topic

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could keep track of all the comics that have TV Shows or movies based on them and there status. Figure I could even update the first post here with most current information known.

[font:Arial Black]THE LIST [/font]

OPTIONED:

Hoax Hunters

The Test

-Being created as a TV show by SyFy.

Happy

Rachel Rising

Sixth Gun

Thief of Thieves

-Picked up by AMC.

Damned

IN PRODUCTION:

The Secret Service

- movie, Colin Firth attached

Guardians of the Galaxy

-Marvel Based Movie. Scheduled release date:

Justice League

Antman

Abandoned:

Chew

Locke and Key

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could keep track of all the comics that have TV Shows or movies based on them and there status. Figure I could even update the first post here with most current information known.

[font:Arial Black]THE LIST [/font]

OPTIONED:

Hoax Hunters

The Test

-Being created as a TV show by SyFy.

Happy

Rachel Rising

Sixth Gun

Thief of Thieves

-Picked up by AMC.

Damned

IN PRODUCTION:

The Secret Service

- movie, Colin Firth attached

Guardians of the Galaxy

Justice League

Antman

Abandoned:

Chew

Locke and Key

Don't forget Bone (by Jeff Smith) is produced by Warner Bros and Peter Panzerfaust is produced by PBS (I assumed).

Chew and Locke & Key are abandoned? Because of violence? Hannibal was canceled by NBC due to Boston Marathon Bombing but was brought back on the TV show by one week later. Hannibal is a serial killer that eat people just like Chew that is going on on TV --- I find it interesting.

I Read somewhere that Chew was shot down by the creators because of casting issues? Is this true?

That's what I read on Bleeding Cool. They didn't want Jack Bauer playing Agent Chu.

S.H.I.E.L.D :P

:gossip: no ones going to watch that

:roflmao:

I'm going to watch that. Whedon is gonna make this show awesome.

Sorry, my joke didn't work..

I think this will be the most watched for sure.

in limbo: Powers, Goon

Abandoned: Revival, Scud the Disposable Assassin

Abandoned now revived: Torso

How come Torso is now revived? Bendis once said the screenplay is not dead after it was dropped.

Chew is about a guy who eats people. Hannibal is about a serial killer that eats people. Then now, Torso is about the serial killer that chopped up peoples' bodies that terrorized Cleveland in 1930's. Abandoned Chew. Brought Hannibal back on the TV show after canceled. Torso was dropped and is now revived.

What a hilarious! :screwy:

I Read somewhere that Chew was shot down by the creators because of casting issues? Is this true?

That's what I read on Bleeding Cool. They didn't want Jack Bauer playing Agent Chu.

It was abandoned because it was too weird.