• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Books for the Week of September 9, 2004

30 posts in this topic

I'm a fan, too, but I thought the SF movie sucked.. it took itself way too seriously. Mortal Kombat learned the lesson (wish a MK 3 was in the offing frown.gif )

If you are talking about the Van Damme - Raul Julia - Kylie Minogue? fiasco then yah it sucked. But have you ever seen the anime Street Fighter movie? That rocked just rocked for me. Mortal Kombat was fun to watch, and the TV series was not that great. Watching for the video game moves to be performed on screen live with CGI effects was about all for me...obviously the MK movies were weak on plot a bit. They could have used better looking women too...

Alter Ego 40

Army of Darkness: Ashes to Ashes 2

Green Arrow 42

JSA 65

Marvel Knights Spider-Man 6

Pulse 5

She-Hulk 7

Superman: Man of Steel Vol. 3 (Byrne)

Ultimate X-Men 51

Wanted 5

Wonder Woman: Challenge of the Gods (Perez)

Ended up getting:

COMICS:

Green Arrow 42

- not bad at all. I like this book, but it gets no notice.

JSA 65

- exceptionally good if you are into comics that deal with mixed up, messed up continuities. This issue looks at the various overlapping Hourmen.

Marvel Knights Spider-Man 6

- a better read than the other SM books. Great ending!

Pulse 5

- another Bendis opus. Jessica Jones was interesting in Alias, what happened?

She-Hulk 7

- fun

Ultimate X-Men 51

- better than I expected. Gambit needs to fix his hair.

I flicked thru the other new releases. Nothing really caught my eye. I was particularly annoyed with Warlock #1, which made no sense whatsoever. For this Marvel risked offending Starlin and drove him off Thanos? Dumb.

COLLECTED EDITIONS:

Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vol. 7

Smax HC

Superman: Man of Steel Vol. 3 (Byrne)

Wonder Woman: Challenge of the Gods (Perez)

I would have picked up ESSENTIAL SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP but Diamond didn't ship it to my LCS. Hopefully by next week.

DELAYS:

Alter Ego 40

Wanted 5

Army of Darkness: Ashes to Ashes 2

Everything except Army of Darkness has been rescheduled for next week.