• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel cover stock

13 posts in this topic

this is the first book i hav picked up where it was so noticeable.

Maybe it is because I do not buy that many Marvel or DC floppies, and stick to digital for their books, and just buy paper copies of the important ones and of Image, Valiant and Indie stuff.

Making moves to paper like that is not a big selling point for convincing someone to keep on buying print copies!

I hate this stuff too. As a retailer, when you open a Diamond box you can count on the top half dozen books in each stack having roller creases and/or white scuff marks.

Also, due to the way the books are tightly packed, it is really hard to get them out of the boxes without damaging them.

In years to come I think that there will be fewer Marvel 9.8 copies than other publishers from this era due to the cover stock.

I hate this stuff too. As a retailer, when you open a Diamond box you can count on the top half dozen books in each stack having roller creases and/or white scuff marks.

Also, due to the way the books are tightly packed, it is really hard to get them out of the boxes without damaging them.

In years to come I think that there will be fewer Marvel 9.8 copies than other publishers from this era due to the cover stock.

And we will join with our Bronze Age brothers...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6169263#Post6169263

It's absolutely terrible. Soft, brittle, cheap looking... really doesn't do the books any favours.

Image paper stock is outstanding. Another reason why I've been slowly whittling away the spandex and focusing more on the new non-hero stories.

A few weeks ago I came home with my stack of books from my LCS. Set them on the counter and washed my hands. Grabbed a towel to dry them. Then grabbed my bag.

In the movement from the sink to the towel a small amount of water hit the top issue which was a spiderman book. That book rippled and warped up so bad from a few drops of water it looked like it was dropped in a tub of water.