• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

It's just a movie :facepalm:

Yeah, a movie.

If the fictional world being depicted can't even maintain internal consistency, that's a problem.

And this attitude which excuses poor writing and a complete lack of creative ability has got to go.

Saw it on Sunday.

Very good movie, as enjoyable as the first. I have a couple of nitpicks with it but not enough that it pulled me out of the movie like Iron Man 3 did.

8/10 for me.

I will go see it again.

It was great until the character plot twist - that just ruined the whole movie for me. :whistle:

Saw it on Sunday.

Very good movie, as enjoyable as the first. I have a couple of nitpicks with it but not enough that it pulled me out of the movie like Iron Man 3 did.

8/10 for me.

I will go see it again.

It was great until the character plot twist - that just ruined the whole movie for me. :whistle:

lol:applause: .

It didn't necessarily ruin it for me, but I would have preferred it if Paramount actually spent the money to get Benicio Del Toro or some unknown

Indian Actor

to play

KHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!

Instead of a British white dude. (as good an actor as he is I can't help but think wrong for the part) :P:facepalm:

Saw it on Sunday.

8/10 for me.

I will go see it again.

Are you referring to when Khan was revealed as just an actor playing a role?

Saw it on Sunday.

8/10 for me.

I will go see it again.

lol:applause: .

It didn't necessarily ruin it for me, but I would have preferred it if Paramount actually spent the money to get Benicio Del Toro or some unknown

Indian Actor

to play

KHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!

Instead of a British white dude. (as good an actor as he is I can't help but think wrong for the part) :P:facepalm:

Or a Mexican to play a non-Mexican.

I mean, it's not as if 'actors' are trained to play any type of part.

Saw it on Sunday.

8/10 for me.

I will go see it again.

Are you referring to when Khan was revealed as just an actor playing a role?

Yes!

Found this on the IMDB page.

The screenwriters studied sci-fi novels by Arthur C. Clarke and Larry Niven for inspiration.

If that's true, I didn't see any of that inspiration in the Film. :facepalm:

Interesting interview with the original Khan about how he played the movie version.

Just found it interesting how Ricardo Montalban found his inspiration for revisiting the role.

Found this on the IMDB page.

The screenwriters studied sci-fi novels by Arthur C. Clarke and Larry Niven for inspiration.

If that's true, I didn't see any of that inspiration in the Film. :facepalm:

The obviously didn't look to Star Trek: TOS either ;)

Loved it. Liked IM3, but loved this.

It's a reboot, so I don't expect it to replicate a previous film but to be a new spin on a classic, and hopefully enough of an homage that it doesn't disrespect loyal fans.

I loved Cumberbatch. Great performance. Normally I wince a little when Hollywood whitewashes movies (like the movie 21). "Khan's" performance was so magnetic I didn't care, didn't even think about it.

They can reinvent Khan a little and I'm fine. But if Sulu was suddely Irish and Uhuru was a blonde it would be like treading on sacred ground.