• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedbink ???

19 posts in this topic

Now sellers (and buyers) can leave the feedback they really wanted to leave. I just found out about this site, myself. I don't know how long it's been around. It says the first 5000 registrants can sign up for free. I just signed up and it was free. You can post feedback on transactions, or look up feedback for buyers/sellers. Not just ebay transactions, but all commerce transactions. If you want to check it out.....

LINK

Hi Guys,

This is Ben, webmaster over at Feedbink. Thanks for the shoutout Hulk!

We literally just launched the site over the weekend and had a bunch of kinks to work out. I don't know how you guys found us so quickly!

The bugs should be taken care of. Anyone that previously joined should be able to login even if you didn't verify through the email link.

Yes, the first 5,000 members that join will be able to post feedback and search free for life. This will help us get where we really want to be, which is the goto place to check buyers/sellers before you buy. Especially now that you can't leave negative feedback for buyers over at e*cough*bay we need this resource more than ever. Help us make it great!

Thanks again,

Ben

Hi, thanks for setting this up . Can you tell us more on how you plan to operate ?

I have signed up and i cant seem to be able to leave any feedback. I see some people already have . Maybe I am missing something ?

Thanks and good luck

" Speak your truth, say what happened, and let others decide if they will do business with that buyer, seller or corporation. You're providing honest feedback helpful to others."

Curious, what's the safeguard against slander by spiteful bidders or competitors, including multiple false reviews? Just seems like a very one-sided coin, at a glance. Do you verify that the reviewer was actually involved in a transaction with the reviewed individual?

" Speak your truth, say what happened, and let others decide if they will do business with that buyer, seller or corporation. You're providing honest feedback helpful to others."

Curious, what's the safeguard against slander by spiteful bidders or competitors, including multiple false reviews? Just seems like a very one-sided coin, at a glance. Do you verify that the reviewer was actually involved in a transaction with the reviewed individual?

Great question...

I already asked them the same question earlier.

This was my answer:

Hi Roy,

We do have section in the terms for "12. YOUR CONDUCT", but really it's up

to the individual posting the comments. There have been cases where

people have been sued for liable because of posting feedback on Angies

List and Yelp. Your best bet is to speak only truthful facts you can

verify.

From a Forbes article:

"Offer opinions, not allegations. “Generally speaking, opinion is

protected by the First Amendment. So you can’t be sued if you say, ‘I

think Dr. Doe is a terrible dentist.’ That’s your opinion,” says Rebecca

Glenberg, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of

Virginia. Similarly, you can say you thought a restaurant’s service was

slow or the food tasted terrible, Johns says.

But if you make a specific allegation, such as ‘Dr. Doe’s facilities are

not clean,’ you could be sued if the statement isn’t true and you know, or

should have known, it’s false."

Courts have upheld the business model for a forum to post comments:

http://www.icemiller.com/enewsletter/Jan2010/Communications_Decency.htm

As we grow I'm sure there will be more changes, but so far users are

policing themselves and are responsible for what they post.

Personally, I think it's a recipe for disaster. I'd love for a site like this to work honestly but I don't think that's every going to happen. You'll end up getting negative and positive shills and it all becomes one big mess eventually. Much like Comics General.

lol

Personally, I think it's a recipe for disaster. I'd love for a site like this to work honestly but I don't think that's every going to happen. You'll end up getting negative and positive shills and it all becomes one big mess eventually. Much like Comics General.

lol

+1

It may become one big mess, it's true. :sick:

Sellers could give themselves positive reviews, and post negative reviews about their competitors.

Still though, through the chaff, I think people will be able to find some truth and it will have value.

For one, a buyer that has multiple non-payment and oh I received an empty box reviews (from different members) will be one to cancel bids from. :) As we grow we should be able to identify scammers and which categories they thrive in.

I could have users verify their eb identities, but really, you shouldn't have to use your eb ID.

We'll see how it goes!

Sellers could give themselves positive reviews, and post negative reviews about their competitors.

Still though, through the chaff, I think people will be able to find some truth and it will have value.

For one, a buyer that has multiple non-payment and oh I received an empty box reviews (from different members) will be one to cancel bids from. :) As we grow we should be able to identify scammers and which categories they thrive in.

I could have users verify their eb identities, but really, you shouldn't have to use your eb ID.

We'll see how it goes!

As you can see in this thread - only people who have a lot of disgruntled past customers will get upset about your website.

I think its a great idea! (thumbs u

We'll see how it goes!

As you can see in this thread - only people who have a lot of disgruntled past customers will get upset about your website.

I think its a great idea! (thumbs u

lol

(thumbs u

My question is based on the "First 5000 registrants can sign up for free "

Lets say years down the road, and you have well over 5000 people registered.

If I sell a book to someone in an off ebay transaction. I ask them to go to feedbink.com and leave feedback so that others will see I am reliable .

Are they supposed to pay a fee to sign up just to leave me , what I hope will be positive feedback ?

Because if thats the case . I dont think it will happen .

Thoughts ?

Are they supposed to pay a fee to sign up just to leave me , what I hope will be positive feedback ?

Because if thats the case . I dont think it will happen .

Thoughts ?

I'm not really sure how the site will be monetized as of yet, if at all. Membership fees are a pain and I really hate them, you sign up, get your free month and then forget to turn it off and get charged. We could do ads at some point, but I'm sure ebay wouldn't want to advertise there. ;)

Yes, liable isn't "write" at all! Libel. I better figure that one out. My gf is an English professor too! So far she's been nice enough to point out a lot of my mistakes, that one was all me.