• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boardies in Texas?

21 posts in this topic

So I just accepted a job in Texas, folks. Papers signed, sealed, delivered.

We've got a strong contingency of boardies out there, yeah? And some good one-day shows and the like? I'm just hoping some folks can clue me into the scene. :)

Where in Texas? It's a big state. There are boardies in Houston, and there other boardies in the rest of the state who are cool....just not as cool as the ones in Houston.

San Antonio :hi:

Weird Paper is there. Steve Ritter just moved there. Two and a half hours from Houston, so you are pretty close to the cool boardies.

Weird Paper is there. Steve Ritter just moved there. Two and a half hours from Houston, so you are pretty close to the cool boardies.

Ok, that works. Two and a half hours is relatively close to cool. :)

Where in Texas? It's a big state. There are boardies in Houston, and there other boardies in the rest of the state who are cool....just not as cool as the ones in Houston.

Houston is the very definition of cool.

Unfortunately I live in Manchester, where the sun never shines. :sorry:

might be more accurate to say you exist in manchester.

might be more accurate to say you exist in manchester.

Just barely...

So I just accepted a job in Texas, folks. Papers signed, sealed, delivered.

We've got a strong contingency of boardies out there, yeah? And some good one-day shows and the like? I'm just hoping some folks can clue me into the scene. :)

Gotta start paying the sales tax on HA auctions.

p.s. San Antonio is waaay cooler than Houston. SA River Walk. :luhv:

I'm here in SA. I was actually thinking we should get some boardies together here after looking at the other get together thread.

Texas comic con is getting more legit. Some good guests this year. Needs better vendors though.

Houston is cool if you like ridiculously humid summers and 12 lane highways that still have the worst traffic you've ever seen. Otherwise Dallas is good lol

But in all seriousness San Antonio is really nice. You're also only about an hour from Austin - I really like going to Austin Books and Comics when I'm down there, and it seems like Wizard World has been getting stronger the last few years.

I just moved from Austin last June. Lived there for 11 years...and it is a great city. I love Colorado, but Austin will always have a place in my heart. Both of my daughters were born there. SA is a big city that still has a small city feel. Weird Paper (Roger) and Sean (MyNameIsLegion) both live in SA and are great guys. Stronguy (Jeff) and Buffyfan (Don) are both in the Dallas area. Then you have all of those reprobates like Richie down in Houston. ;)

There are some really great guys in Texas....and that is one thing that I miss the most from there, the people.

... and two and a half hours away from the lukewarm ones. :baiting:

I just moved from Austin last June. Lived there for 11 years...and it is a great city. I love Colorado, but Austin will always have a place in my heart. Both of my daughters were born there. SA is a big city that still has a small city feel. Weird Paper (Roger) and Sean (MyNameIsLegion) both live in SA and are great guys. Stronguy (Jeff) and Buffyfan (Don) are both in the Dallas area. Then you have all of those reprobates like Richie down in Houston. ;)

There are some really great guys in Texas....and that is one thing that I miss the most from there, the people.

We miss you down here, Scott. The state's not the same without you. :cry: I think Don spends as much time in these parts as he does in Dallas.

I was just in San Antonio. Real nice city. Love the trees and downtown riverwalk.

Had dinner and drinks with WeirdPaper and Iamlegion. Great guys who have some amazing OO. Fun talking comics and art with a mix of real life sprinkled in.

Thanks again guys. :sumo: It was nice to come from Alaska and experience some Texas hospitality.

Cheers

Cool! I've never been to worldcon. Is that generally a good show?

Well, it's not a comic convention, but it's the largest SF&F convention in the world and the grandaddy of cons. It's where they give out the Hugo award, etc. They're having a a big program on Robert E. Howard this year since it's in Texas and I'll be on a few panels.

I've never been to one before so I have no idea what to expect. It's supposed to be a lot of fun though.