• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April sales are out

354 posts in this topic

Just curious, what were the Wildstorm numbers like in the 90's?

I dont have pre-2000 data readily available, i'd suggest going with www.comichron.com on that one. Everything from the 90s absolutely dwarfs today.

Hey CBT,

Still have the Venn Diagram you made me?

on my desktop yup

20 years ago (When Superman died):

The result, according to one internal publisher estimate made available to The Comics Chronicles, was direct market preorders of 48.18 million copies. The biggest single month of the 1990s comics boom

:o:o(worship)

April sales numbers are out

I am impressed with how well some of those Image titles are retaining their numbers.

What is this Jirni comic from Aspen?

Ironic that Justice League is selling 20,000 more copies than Avengers even after the Avengers blockbuster last summer. Maybe this is due to Marvel watering down the Avengers brand with too many titles with Avengers in it?

Guardians of the Galaxy fell over 120,000 copies for issue number 2 compared to issue 1. Ouch!

Predictably the Green Lantern titles are beginning to fade now that Johns isn't writing. Just a matter of time until some of those titles are trimmed back.

The Dark Horse Star Wars title is holding up well:

Star Wars 1 (January) 39663

Star Wars 2 (February) 46063

Star Wars 3 (March) 45522

Star Wars 4 (April) 45019

All due to the sketch cover(s) maybe?

The result, according to one internal publisher estimate made available to The Comics Chronicles, was direct market preorders of 48.18 million copies. The biggest single month of the 1990s comics boom

yup, which led to the biggest bubble in the history of the hobby, which led to the biggest bust in the history of the hobby, which led marvel to bankruptcy, which led Fox to own the rights to the X-Men, which lead to comicbook movies being produced seriously instead of goofy, which led to collectors coming back into comics, which led to everyone optioning TV shows and movies from comic books, which led to Walking Dead becoming the biggest show in cable history, which led to massive price spikes in a Modern book, which led to everyone chasing the next WD, which led to people make tons of money speculating on comics, which led to reality tv shows on people making money from comics, which led to lots of more people saying "if he can do it, so can I", which led to tons of people speculating on comicbooks again, which led to talk of a 90s style bubble, which led to debates on print runs, which led to this thread, which led to this sentence.

in the end, blame superman ;):Dlol

yup, which led to the biggest bubble in the history of the hobby, which led to the biggest bust in the history of the hobby, which led marvel to bankruptcy, which led Fox to own the rights to the X-Men, which lead to comicbook movies being produced seriously instead of goofy, which led to collectors coming back into comics, which led to everyone optioning TV shows and movies from comic books, which led to Walking Dead becoming the biggest show in cable history, which led to massive price spikes in a Modern book, which led to everyone chasing the next WD, which led to people make tons of money speculating on comics, which led to reality tv shows on people making money from comics, which led to lots of more people saying "if he can do it, so can I", which led to tons of people speculating on comicbooks again, which led to talk of a 90s style bubble, which led to debates on print runs, which led to this thread, which led to this sentence.

in the end, blame superman ;):Dlol

That's just.... impressive.

Guardians of the Galaxy fell over 120,000 copies for issue number 2 compared to issue 1. Ouch!

Weird... that's the only Marvel title I read hm

I am impressed that many people would believe they could speculate for value in a big 2 book. Obviously most of that is shop orders chasing variants, and for stock to sell in the future(I have to assume). But man, that is a mighty drop.

I am impressed that many people would believe they could speculate for value in a big 2 book. Obviously most of that is shop orders chasing variants, and for stock to sell in the future(I have to assume). But man, that is a mighty drop.

I think its possible Superman Unchained could have the same kind of results. Like Guardians, tons of variants and a movie creating an additional push.

If Guardians drops at a steady pace, the print run will be close to nil by the time that movie comes out. lol

Hawkeye $$$

@Fastball Re:Bedlam

well, I am going to risk stepping on some toes here, sorry if this pisses anyone off...but, seeing as how I already assembled the info, might as well post it.

BEDLAM Print Run to date:
bedlamtank.png

http://www.comicbooktrends.com/css/forumsqltable.css'>

Bedlam 1 22740
Bedlam 2 18580
Bedlam 3 14250
Bedlam 4 13910
Bedlam 5 13700
Bedlam 6 12610
Well I thought it had bottomed out, but apparently not so. I am convinced slashing the girls throat in the first issue turned off a ton of buyers like me.

Saga is growing leaps and bounds which I am happy for the book even though I dont care for it at all. I mean its really growing that impressive numbers.

MP is holding steady and has found its audience. Be interesting to see if they all float over to EoW or not thats an easy 17K + what else joins the book.

Hawkeye $$$

right, and why is that, and what's different about it that allowed it to be so ;)

No speculation ? Cool art and story ? Popular movie Avenger ? I think all of the above.

Speaking of archers, do you have any info on month to month Green Arrow sales ? This book has definitely improved since issue 17 with a new creative team IMHO. I would guess sales are up but I haven't heard much word of mouth on them.