• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

International lost in shipping

21 posts in this topic

I shiiped a package to france on march 28 it tracks it to phoenix leaving that day then that its. The buyer has not recieved it yet. We agreed to on first class international been over a month and hasnt shown up yet. I will post pic of book and numbers incase someone sees it on ebay. I dont think it was stolen in mailI just think its taking a super long time to reach destination. I have shipped some books international AU, Canada, Europe. A few have taken alittle bit longer then this one. I have talked with post mater called usps done all i can so far. Just want to take the proper steps thats all.

Was it insured?

Some packages that are marked with a certain value are intercepted by customs for taxation.

The process to inform the buyer can take some time.

Was it insured?

Some packages that are marked with a certain value are intercepted by customs for taxation.

+1

I had packages get here in 10 days and others well over a month.

I don't worry about First Class International because I refuse to use it unless the buyer takes full responsibility for loss or damage.

When I was using it I had multiple packages take 45-60 days and were responsible for some of my very rare negative feedback.

I sent a package to the Phillipines once. It vanished and then four months later mysteriously appeared at its destination. To this day I still have no idea where and how it went into limbo.

Was it insured?

1st class cannot be insured.

Priority can to most places and often the insurance/tracking number goes right to the door now.

Having a similar problem, except it's for a very limited Spiderman poster (this one, in fact! http://iliketowastemytime.com/sites/default/files/justin-van-genderen-superheroes-spiderman-newyork.jpg ). Seller sent it from Mexico to UK in late February using First Class Track & Trace. Optimistic me is thinking it's still in customs. Pessimistic me is thinking someone's snatched it on the way.

1st class INTL is a WASTE.

Dont use it - plain and simple. USPS is not required to track it and if the item never gets delivered then the buyer can file a dispute with paypal and eventually get his money back.

I have lost too much money on BS intl shipping - now i only ship priority and make sure I get insurance as well (on ebay sales)

Was it insured?

Priority can to most places and often the insurance/tracking number goes right to the door now.

Ah ok Aces, thanks.

Interestingly in Australia now, all domestic packages are automatically tracked, and can be insured. However overseas is a bit of a lottery.

I can insure a parcel to USA but Canada Post will no longer allow parcels to be insured from Australia.Plus for some reason Canada is 40% more expensive than USA (shrug) I won't post to Canada anymore unless the buyer waives all refund rights.

Its constantly changing making overseas shipping very difficult.

I sent a Canadian boardie a Mini Bust, First class int. it had tracking, I watched it for the first week then it dropped off. Finally week 2 it was in Australia. Why it went from Colorado to half way around the world I'll never know? But he got the bust about 3 weeks later.

But the last two comic shipments I sent to Quebec took about 2 weeks.

Elvis

1st class INTL is a WASTE.

Dont use it - plain and simple. USPS is not required to track it and if the item never gets delivered then the buyer can file a dispute with paypal and eventually get his money back.

I have lost too much money on BS intl shipping - now i only ship priority and make sure I get insurance as well (on ebay sales)

..... only way to go. If the buyer won't accept this then you're best to avoid the transaction......... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Was it insured?

Ah ok Aces, thanks.

Interestingly in Australia now, all domestic packages are automatically tracked, and can be insured. However overseas is a bit of a lottery.

I can insure a parcel to USA but Canada Post will no longer allow parcels to be insured from Australia.Plus for some reason Canada is 40% more expensive than USA (shrug) I won't post to Canada anymore unless the buyer waives all refund rights.

Its constantly changing making overseas shipping very difficult.

Shipping from the US to Canada is ridiculously expensive, and we are neighbours.

Crazy Canadians, I guess they use the money to keep their moose & yeti population down... ???

-slym