• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many boardies with "Comics" in their handle operate actual comic businesses?

14 posts in this topic

I'm talking about either brick-and-mortar stores (which I assume would certainly be the minority), or Web-based businesses with a dedicated Web page and transactional functionality.

Though I tend to lurk more than anything, it seems like in recent years there's been a spike in people here with "Comics" in their handle/username - many with associated logos of some sort. I'm just curious to know if the bulk of these folks are regular joes who work other jobs and enjoy the hobby like the majority of us (primarily buying but occasionally selling), or if comics is "what they do" full-time.

On a related note, is there a master list somewhere of those full-time dealers (where comics is "what they do" full-time) who are regulars here?

Thanks!

flaming telepath (Nick)'s website is Comicana Direct, check it out because it's well stocked and really well priced

Off the top of my head in addition to FT, boardies who operate transactional sites are:

GregReece (gregreececomics.com)

VintageComics (vintagecomics.com)

blazingbob (highgradecomics.com)

I'm sure there are many others, of course.

flaming telepath (Nick)'s website is Comicana Direct, check it out because it's well stocked and really well priced

Off the top of my head in addition to FT, boardies who operate transactional sites are:

Full time...Four stores, conventions sales, and web-sales - ( www.bedrockcity.com ) - and a professional comic chatboard spammer :acclaim:

Full time...Four stores, conventions sales, and web-sales - ( www.bedrockcity.com ) - and a professional comic chatboard spammer :acclaim:

Which you're very good at. :gossip:

We sell breathmints (thumbs u

My shop I do part-time and work a "regular" job, not devoted the time to be bigger yet really. It's in my plans over the next 6 months or so, as I do have 1000+ long boxes of stuff and want to get more of it on my site and available for purchase. :)

I assume a fair number of small dealers on here do it part-time in addition to a regular job, though there a few who do it full-time to my knowledge.

Plus breath mints.

We sell breathmints (thumbs u

:cloud9: