• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 5 Results

20 posts in this topic

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 5 Results

BK 9: Journey Into Mystery #50 Off-White to White Pages - Actual Grade: 7.0

BK 10: Showcase # 28 Off-White to White Pages - Actual Grade: 8.5

Link to Books and Scans

Round 5 Grade Breakdowns

Round5-Breakdowns.png

2013 Grading Contest: Round 5 Results - Leader Board

Round5-Leaders.png

Round 5 COMMENTARY

toro begins to pull away from the pack as Mike's Rack moves into sole possession of 2nd place! :acclaim:october, Point Five, and TheGeneral engage in a three-way tie for 3rd place, while aggr1103, ARK, Gsims718, and MrBedrock have a four-way tie for 6th! Coming in at 10th place, zuckuss2003, who moves up seven spots to finally break the Top Ten! Amazingly, zuckuss2003 was in 79th place at the end of ROUND 1! Yes, dreams can come true... and you CAN COME BACK even if you did poorly in the initial rounds. :foryou:

Congrats to Mike's Rack, october, Gsims718, zuckuss2003, eeb03, canickus, and Jeffro with Double Bullseyes this round! (worship)(worship)

Jeffro also accounts for the greatest climb this Round as he shoots up 36 spots to #34! :cloud9:

manicnerd stumbles this round and receives his first NEGATIVE ROUND. Only Point Five and TheGeneral remain as the only contestants with all POSITIVE ROUNDS!

We're now halfway through the CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest! Take a breath, gather your wits, and prepare for the Final Push!

ROUND 6 looms ahead! :sumo:

By the way, I had an alternate RANKING up for a brief moment that had a different RANKING system. (It's no longer up.)

That one takes into account BOOKS not graded, so it figures your RANK based on the books you DID GRADE.

In that were the case, DiceX would be tied for 7th given his average Points per Round... SNiPER would be tied for 3rd. :o

So don't miss a ROUND! :makepoint:

Round 5 COMMENTARY

toro begins to pull away from the pack as Mike's Rack moves into sole possession of 2nd place! :acclaim:october, Point Five, and TheGeneral engage in a three-way tie for 3rd place, while aggr1103, ARK, Gsims718, and MrBedrock have a four-way tie for 6th! Coming in at 10th place, zuckuss2003, who moves up seven spots to finally break the Top Ten! Amazingly, zuckuss2003 was in 79th place at the end of ROUND 1! Yes, dreams can come true... and you CAN COME BACK even if you did poorly in the initial rounds. :foryou:

Congrats to Mike's Rack, october, Gsims718, zuckuss2003, Aces, eeb03, canickus, and Jeffro with Double Bullseyes this round! (worship)(worship)

Jeffro also accounts for the greatest climb this Round as he shoots up 36 spots to #34! :cloud9:

manicnerd stumbles this round and receives his first NEGATIVE ROUND. Only Point Five and TheGeneral remain as the only contestants with all POSITIVE ROUNDS!

We're now halfway through the CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest! Take a breath, gather your wits, and prepare for the Final Push!

Uhm I didn't have 2 bullseyes but came close. :)

And I've didn't have a negative round except round 2 was a net 0 (+1/-1).

Edit:

Unless you meant a negative on a single book. hm

Round 5 COMMENTARY

Congrats to Mike's Rack, october, Gsims718, zuckuss2003, Aces, eeb03, canickus, and Jeffro with Double Bullseyes this round! (worship)(worship)

I love the commentary! :luhv:

So true!

If I would have submitted my grades for round 4 I would be tied for 11th right now instead of cellar dwelling at 42.

Don't. Miss. A. Round. (thumbs u

So true!

If I would have submitted my grades for round 4 I would be tied for 11th right now instead of cellar dwelling at 42.

Don't. Miss. A. Round. (thumbs u

:preach:

By the way, I had an alternate RANKING up for a brief moment that had a different RANKING system. (It's no longer up.)

That one takes into account BOOKS not graded, so it figures your RANK based on the books you DID GRADE.

In that were the case, DiceX would be tied for 7th given his average Points per Round... SNiPER would be tied for 3rd. :o

That DiceX has gone from 78th to 19th in only three rounds.

He's a freaking stud. (worship)