• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MF on EBAY posted by hostelmovies

18 posts in this topic

Worst Customer Service Ever!!!

So I bought the 4 most random Walking Dead graded books ever on eBay this week (67,74, 81, 86, a;; 9.8's). All random backissues, with no real importance to the series at all. All 4 were single auctions that were ending within the hour, and I needed all 4 books anyways. I read the auctions and it didn't say anything about combined shipping, but I, like a , assumed that because the other 98% of ebay will combine on shipping assumed that this guy would too. I messaged him to ask, but got no reply to it. So I won all 4 after adding bids averaging about $50 a piece. So I message him again asking if he can combine shipping, and mention that the USPS Flat Rate Medium box can hold all 4 and ship for less than $15. Nothing! For about 36 hours, so I message this guy again. "Can you please update and combine shipping?" Before I forget to mention that he is charging $15 per book, times 4, that's $60 for shipping for these 4 books that I did not really need as much as I thought.

I get this message in return (I deleted the email, so I'll paraphrase):

"I do not combine shipping of books, and nowhere in the auction is there even a hint of combining. I pack them with bubble wrap each in it's own box. Sorry. Besides, only an insufficiently_thoughtful_person would combine CGC books in a package. And, as far as cost go you really should do your homework next time before throwing prices out there."

So I send back:

I did my homework when I shipped out 3 books today using the same box. Can you help me out? Or can we cancel the transsactions?

I get this back (This is the real email):

You made the mistake and you should take responsibility for it and pay the bill. You assumed something that was not mentioned at all. If don't pay the bill that is your choice. It is people like you that should not even be on ebay.

So, my feedback is 864, with 5 stars in almost all categories and only a few bad over the 6 years I've been on there. His is 86. This is by first the worst customer service I have ever gotten in my life. He insulted me right away out the gate basically calling me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I supervise 250 people whos basic job is customer service. I would have fired this individual_without_enough_empathy on first look at both emails.

Because I don't want to damage my ebay account I paid the . I'm just wondering how great this books really are, and his immaculate shipping job. I can't wait to get them. This guy is someone who is on this very site (starts with a V). I guess my advice is read it before you buy it. Because this guy is the biggest individual_without_enough_empathy I've dealt with while collecting. Fanboys!!!!

On a side note...

I recently got my TWD 1-10 back from the CGC, and they sure as mess had no problem shipping them together. What a bunch of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons!!!

See more journals by hostelmovies

Even if the seller does a great job shipping you can always note your disappointment in the feedback.

As long as it is accurate i.e. "NOTE: Seller DOES NOT combine shipping" I dont think they could get it pulled. (its just a statement of fact)

at least then others looking at his feedback will see the reality of it.

There might be a communication rating (in the stars) that you can ding him on

Again I would be accurate and specific. Emotion gets your feedback pulled.

Under communication give him zero stars and state that "Seller called me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for requesting combined shipping"

all of which is accurate.

and then give him negative feedback for that

"Seller refused to combine shipping on multiple lots, and called me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for suggesting it"

all accurate, and if ebay pulls your feedback you have the ebay messages showing otherwise.

My only possible understanding of this seller's attitude would be if he had already pre-wrapped the slabs in so much bubble wrap that only one would fit in the package and sealed them. I've had some experience with large-volume sellers who did things like this so that they could just print out shipping labels and drop the packages in the mail. It's a possible explanation for the practice, but it in no way excuses this guy's communications methods. If he had said, "sorry but I typically ship more than 50 packages per day so I can't really fiddle with each one too much" then you might've still been irritated but not to this extent.

If you want anecdotal evidence of how many sellers are happy to combine shipping, read on... this week I bid on seven pages of original art, and the seller did state that he would combine shipping. Luckless fellow that I am, I only won one of the auctions. I lamented my bad luck, and paid my invoice. Later that day I got an email from the seller offering to hold my shipment if I wanted to bid on some other pages that could be shipped together with this one. I did bid on several more pages, and can't wait to leave 5-Star feedback to a seller so conscientious.

I have never had a problem with combined shipping from sellers, and have even had some agree to hold my wins while I continued to bid on other issues from them that didn't end for up to ten days afterwards!

This was obviously very unfortunate for you. I personally always look for whether the seller combines or not and if I don't see it anywhere, I will contact them and ask before I bid or buy anything from them. Usually I will get a response and if I don't, then I reconsider buying from them until I know for sure or only go after one of their items or something like that.

I think that he was pissed because he thought that he was going to get more for them, and will no try to gyp me on the shipping. That's 4 negative feedbacks I get to give him. Have fun with that. Calling someone an insufficiently_thoughtful_person with the first interaction is just not cool.

And the fact that he is too good to ship them together is just lame. Like I said CGC send them back to you that way. They'd know more then Mr High Society.

That totally sucks!!!! ...But... because of you.... I found him on eBay!!!

Will add him to my list of sellers with a special note!

Thanks for taking one for the team and sharing this info.

If it only benefits one of us from making that mistake, it's worth it!

I do that all the time, buy stuff assuming they combine shipping... & it has NEVER happened to me.

I'm sure I would react the same way, if not worse!

Yeah, it's a total A-S-S-H-O-L-E move.

Thanks Again!!!!

Ok, first off, what the *spoon* happened to the *spoon* filter on the language?? :facepalm:

It's all good man, you obviously needed to vent, and we're here for you! (thumbs u

Sorry about the shaft this guy gave you. Totally bogus. Never had that happen to me and it never should have happened to you. No worries, what comes around goes around.

First and foremost, the guy is a do****b**.

Yeah, I have to admit I looked up the auctions as well. Based on his feedback he doesn't sell books that often so he could just plead ignorant to how he didn't know that he could ship more efficiently ...

I guess you would have to buy a 20,000.$ car to get him to be nice to you.

Like everybody else is saying wait until the books arrive and then slam him on his feedback.

Stick to the truth, shipping rates extremely unreasonable.

Seller's communication very poor due to verbal abuse.

How quickly did the seller ship the item... that's one tricky because auction states he has extended shipping days on his auction so as long as he ships out within 5 days of cleared payment and it arrives within 6-15 business days after that, you can't really do anything on that one. He literally gave himself one month to ship out the books. What a d***. For the prices he charges - priority will get you the books in 2-4 days, but you know he's mailing them out either media mail (which you aren't allowed to use anymore) or first class.

He can really get away with a lot on that one, but on the other stuff - go for the negative feedback.

Good luck with everything and I hope the books show up in good shape. If not, get him on that one too. Use ebay buyer protection if the books arrive damaged.

Oh.....I'm waiting for these books to arrive so I can do just that. The way he described them, they will shine like that briefcase in Pulp Fiction when I open the package. I get to leave him 4 negative feedbacks to explain the emails he sent, the shipping business, and anything else that comes up.

Here's the part that scares me. When I added the numbers of the CGC reference numbers to my own collection, they were in his collection already and I had to wait for him to clear them. I got emails for all 4. That means that he also a member of our little group. And in true Walking Dead fashion, I'd like to handcuff somperson_without_enough_empathy to a pipe and leave him behind.

He mentioned that he will be selling 100 CGC graded books on ebay very soon. So buyers beware!!! Here's a nice link to his collection so that you'all can stay clear of Mr. Velvethammer.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=50633

The Corvette thing made me laugh. It just made me think of ever person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag in a 80's movie from the Goonies to One Crazy Summer. Drive a nice car, and your a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

And, if for some reason this assclown reads my posts;

To Voitvette......I hope that the fleas of 1000 camels infest your armpits.

On the shipping thing... I'm giving it a week before I turn it over to ebay and paypal. Then he has to ship them within 5 days or they reverse the money back to me if he can't show tracking, so I ain't waiting no month for his .

I also found his first reply in my email junk folder. I am keeping all of these for ebay when he tries to remove the negative feedback I plan on leaving him.

Here it is (And, NO!, I did not edit this!)

I ship each one of my comics individually and packaged perfectly. I will not put four in a box.....only an ididit would do that. I am very clear in my listing and mention nothing about combined shipping. Also before you start quoting shipping costs do your homework. Please turn it over to ebay. I am sure they would love to hear you explanation for this.

This is pure hilarity. Not for you and the bs you've experienced. Just because this guy is such a clown its ridiculous. I've only sold 1 thing on ebay before but I don't understand why its so hard to be accomadating on this issue.